• The KillerFrogs

KFc Blog: Friday Frog Futures: August 19th, 2011

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Posted by FungoFrog

Welcome back to Friday Frog Futures, where we definitely enjoyed our time off over the last 3 weeks. Since that time, we now have a more definite picture of what the 2012 team is going to look like, and the class is certainly looking good. It is still a very young, very inexperienced team but it is full of talent, and TCU is in a better position than most around college baseball. If guys step up into big holes, everything will be fine.

So, now that the draft is totally completed this report will change a bit. The focus will now be on roster/staff predictions. I will still have the "recruit ticker" at the bottom of the report, so you can go there for news on the classes. But, for now, lets take a look at the roster for 2012. ...

FROGDADDY

Posted by FungoFrog

Welcome back to Friday Frog Futures, where we definitely enjoyed our time off over the last 3 weeks. Since that time, we now have a more definite picture of what the 2012 team is going to look like, and the class is certainly looking good. It is still a very young, very inexperienced team but it is full of talent, and TCU is in a better position than most around college baseball. If guys step up into big holes, everything will be fine.

So, now that the draft is totally completed this report will change a bit. The focus will now be on roster/staff predictions. I will still have the "recruit ticker" at the bottom of the report, so you can go there for news on the classes. But, for now, lets take a look at the roster for 2012. ...

Couple comments:

1) you're undervaluing Odell.
2) while the TV may have flashed a 97, Traver didn't throw a FB over 94 (he did that once)

FungoFrog

Tier 1
Couple comments:

1) you're undervaluing Odell.
2) while the TV may have flashed a 97, Traver didn't throw a FB over 94 (he did that once)

All I had to go on with Traver, I am sure the TV gun was hot.

Odell is very good, not denying it. Fall practice will tell a lot about the competition for that position.

FROGDADDY

All I had to go on with Traver, I am sure the TV gun was hot.

Odell is very good, not denying it. Fall practice will tell a lot about the competition for that position.
Always throw out the high end with the TV gun. ALWAYS. Used to crack up watching Tiger games when Joel Zumaya would be sitting at 102-103 mph.

leofrog

Totally disagree on two points:

1) Elander is a dang good catcher and getting better. I think people try to compare him to Holaday, and they can't do that. He is his own player. I hope Elander is behind the plate.
2) Schloss has given KVT more chances than most the last two seasons. I hope KVT can hang onto the job, but if he can't we need someone who will.

Latest posts