• The KillerFrogs

KFC Blog: An Updated Look at 2012 Recruiting

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
KFC Blog: An Updated Look at 2012 Recruiting

Posted by GuardianFrog

With the 2011 recruiting class now settled, and the 2011-12 season still months away, Coach Jim Christian and his new staff have turned their attention to next year's recruiting class. Buoyed by the addition of proven recruiters in Rob Evans and Reggie Brown, the staff looks to take advantage of the move to the Big East in hopes of swaying blue chip talent to Daniel Meyer Colosseum.

The Frogs will lose seniors Hank Thorns and JR Cadot after this season, however I would not take this to mean that the Frogs will only be looking at PGs and Wings in this class. With PGs Kyan Anderson, combo guard Terrence Durham on the roster in addition to Garlon Green and Connell Crossland at the wing it would not surprise me at all to see us take an elite shooting guard or a quality post player in this class. It is pretty clear by the offers we have put out for the 2012 class that Christian is looking at the best talent available, regardless of position. ...

Today's blog features video, comments, and offer sheets for several players that the Frogs have offered for 2012 including Danuel House, Phil Forte, D'Andre Wright and others.

BTW, Nolan Dennis, who is transfering from Baylor is reported to be looking at TCU and Wyoming per Jeff Goodman at CBS. Nolan was considered a big pick up for the Bears at the time, but had been playing a reserve role for them. Out of Richlan HS he was rated as the #58 player in the country and the #15 shooting guard.

At the time of his announcement that he was leaving Baylor ESPN Dallas ran a story about him leaving the team for medical reasons, but if he is looking to transfer and play ball it sounds like he was suffering from playingtimeitis more than anything else.

Guys, I edited this blog post to add a new player we have offered, Connor Lammert. 6'9 Forward with a solid offer sheet from Churchill in SA. He is planning on visiting TCU.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU finishes 6th in Big East in year 1.

pulp-fiction-john-travolta.jpg

That's a bold statement.