• The KillerFrogs

KAKE: McPherson's Matthews Makes elite 11 Roster

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
KAKE: McPherson's Matthews Makes elite 11 Roster

The player selections for the 2011 Elite 11, the nation's premier high school quarterback competition, have been finalized and McPherson's Tyler Matthews is on the list.

This year the Elite 11 will expand from a four-day event, to a five-day, 24 quarterback competition to eventually crown the 2011 Elite 11 MVP. Both the selection process and the final competition will be covered in two one-hour features Aug. 12th and 19th as part of ESPN's "Year of the Quarterback" programming.

Notable Elite 11 alumni include current NFLers Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassel, Matthew Stafford, Josh Freeman, Troy Smith, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Tim Tebow, Blaine Gabbert and many more. ...

2themax

With a really good perfomance, TCU could have a blue chip rated qb on their hands. Got the feeling that several 2012 commits will have evals upgraded before NSD.

Sponger

interesting that only a single Texas kid made the roster. He's the one who got "discovered" at the TCU Nike Camp. Not bad for a kid whose team didn't win but one game last year. He wasn't considered good enough to start at Westlake in Austin (so he transferred)...and now he's the top QB in Texas.

2themax

Why are there 24 and when do they cut to 11? I assume during the camp. I think i read that somewhere.

Something about them expanding the camp from 4 days to 5 and from 11 campers to 24. Don't know the specifics. Maybe they want to keep the namesake so folks can recognize the camp more easily.

FROGDADDY

[quote name='Cory Rodger's roster bonus' timestamp='1309664947' post='862325']
Did someone say buKAKE?
[/quote]

Good lord.