• The KillerFrogs

KAIT: Arkansas State football to meet TCU, Georgia Tech in future buy games

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
KAIT: Arkansas State football to meet TCU, Georgia Tech in future buy games

By Logan Whaley

GPKVHBZV4VD6RPD7DSHGOWU6YY.png

JONESBORO, Ark. (KAIT) - Arkansas State football added two more Power 5 opponents to the schedule in the next four years. The Red Wolves will play at TCU in 2026 and at Georgia Tech in 2027, according to contracts obtained by KAIT.

AStateNation was first to report the news.

Arkansas State will receive $1.25 million to play TCU in Fort Worth on September 19, 2026. The game will join a road battle at Memphis as the other confirmed non-conference matchup for 2026.

Read more at https://www.kait8.com/2023/09/13/arkansas-state-football-meet-tcu-georgia-tech-future-buy-games/

Limey Frog

I don't have season tickets because I don't live close enough to Fort Worth, but if i did I would rather have six home games and travel to SMU than add more garbage at home. I don't really understand why every season ticket holder isn't calling Donati and saying the same thing. Who the heck looks at their tickets in late July and thinks "Yes, one extra home game! Super excited about those two tilts vs. [Not State] State University and Northwest Panhandle Community College & Tech!"?

I hope we go to ten conference games ASAP.

DeuceBoogieNights

I don't have season tickets because I don't live close enough to Fort Worth, but if i did I would rather have six home games and travel to SMU than add more garbage at home. I don't really understand why every season ticket holder isn't calling Donati and saying the same thing. Who the heck looks at their tickets in late July and thinks "Yes, one extra home game! Super excited about those two tilts vs. [Not State] State University and Northwest Panhandle Community College & Tech!"?

Stop going. Stop watching. I didn't watch one minute of the game last week. It's pointless. There were better things to watch.

Exactly why do we pay Arkansas State $1.25 M to play at TCU? Would TCU have to pay a G5 team to come play a game at Amon Carter?

The game is scheduled for September 19, which is the 3rd (maybe 4th) week of the season so it is not even a preseason warmup game. North Carolina is scheduled for September 5, 2026.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Exactly why do we pay Arkansas State $1.25 M to play at TCU? Would TCU have to pay a G5 team to come play a game at Amon Carter?
Arkansas St is a G5 team. So it would seem the answer to your second question is yes.

As to the first, this is standard for one off games when the home game will not be returned. We were paid a similar amount in 2009 to go to Clemson since they weren't going to come to Fort Worth.

Limey Frog

Stop going. Stop watching. I didn't watch one minute of the game last week. It's pointless. There were better things to watch.
Nor did I. It's available on YouTube later and you can watch it all in well under an hour. I watched Tech-Oregon and Bama-Texas instead. I never watch our FCS game.

Last year vs. SMU I had to get the confused staff at a bar in Lansing to find the game for me. I turned a few heads cheering for TCU like mad in there. Because beating SMU matters, or at least not losing to them does. You can say that the best way to not lose to them is to never play them, but that's chicken $**! logic--especially when you're replacing them with a team that even diehard fans don't want to see TCU play.

06DallasFrog

The game is scheduled for September 19, which is the 3rd (maybe 4th) week of the season so it is not even a preseason warmup game. North Carolina is scheduled for September 5, 2026.
I think it's great. It's a potential tune-up before conference play. A lot of big time programs do it. The ones everyone wants to be like, but then is upset when we do those things. I'm glad TCU got to play Nicholls before Houston. They needed it.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Were there people expecting to add another P4 opponent when we already have North Carolina on the schedule?
It’s baffling. There will be one of these every year as the conference games are currently constituted. I went to the game Saturday and loved it. It was a night game, the weather was beautiful and I had a chance to get an extended look at a bunch of highly regarded freshmen and transfers. Some of these guys may not see that sort of PT for the rest of the year.

That alone was worth my time. And I was home quickly as well

Last edited:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Nor did I. It's available on YouTube later and you can watch it all in well under an hour. I watched Tech-Oregon and Bama-Texas instead. I never watch our FCS game.

Last year vs. SMU I had to get the confused staff at a bar in Lansing to find the game for me. I turned a few heads cheering for TCU like mad in there. Because beating SMU matters, or at least not losing to them does. You can say that the best way to not lose to them is to never play them, but that's chicken $**! logic--especially when you're replacing them with a team that even diehard fans don't want to see TCU play.
Diehard fans always want to see their team play. No matter against who.

Wexahu

I didn't watch one play of the Nicholls State game. Couldn't have cared less about it. Barely even glanced at the box score.

I can't believe anyone can enjoy watching those games. What a waste of everyone's time and money.