• The KillerFrogs

K-State Flyover

I really enjoyed last night's game. For me, it ranked right up there with Utah and the Rose Bowl as one of the top three TCU games I've attended.

I enjoyed the flyover. Does anyone have information about the airplane? It looked like a WWII vintage B24 but I'm no expert. It also seemed to have a special livery that I didn't recognize.

Horned Toad

I really enjoyed last night's game. For me, it ranked right up there with Utah and the Rose Bowl as one of the top three TCU games I've attended.

I enjoyed the flyover. Does anyone have information about the airplane? It looked like a WWII vintage B24 but I'm no expert. It also seemed to have a special livery that I didn't recognize.
It looked like a C-47 with its D-Day striping. It was used to drop paratroopers over France in WWII.

Deep Purple

C-47 cargo/transport plane. The black and white stripes on the wings were ordered by General Eisenhower to be added to all Allied aircraft in the ETO for ground recognition by trigger-happy AA crews, who blazed away at anything overhead -- including British and American planes.