• The KillerFrogs

john lanz returning for 2023?

Eight

someone mentioned to me that john will be returning to tcu for the 2023 season which would be good news as he did some very good things last year, would love to see him stack two healthy seasons, back to back, and the frogs need some stability in the interior offensive line

thoughts?

CountryFrog

Yes I believe he is expected to come back as well as Spivey and Wiley.

Will be interesting to see how the Frogs OL competition plays out during spring with some new faces and young guys developing mixing with veterans like Lanz, Coker, and Coleman. The interior of the line was very good in the run game last year. The line as a whole was a bit inconsistent in pass protection so there is room for improvement and hopefully the talent is there to see that improvement.

Eight

Yes I believe he is expected to come back as well as Spivey and Wiley.

Will be interesting to see how the Frogs OL competition plays out during spring with some new faces and young guys developing mixing with veterans like Lanz, Coker, and Coleman. The interior of the line was very good in the run game last year. The line as a whole was a bit inconsistent in pass protection so there is room for improvement and hopefully the talent is there to see that improvement.

great news, thanks

john played very well in the last half of the year especially and i would have never expected to see him being as effective pulling as he was this year, really made some big strides

agree the spring should be interesting as some of the "young" guys have been in the program long enough to start making their presence felt with some spots open. hayes, bolticoff, lott, brown, etc...

coker and coleman at times struggled a bit in pass pro, the de from tech gave both of them fits, the de for ksu, and the championship game goes without saying, but like lanz, they made big strides last year and if they want a chance to play in the nfl they now have a chance to face some nfl caliber talent and know they have to get better

think we also saw that playing that many games requires depth across the roster and having two functional lines not only eases turnover, but reduces some wear and tear. not expecting no drop off from line 1 and 2, but putting a full unit out there that can hold their own for a few series and whose players can be inserted into the first unit if need be without a huge drop off

Eight

the DE from Tech gave everyone problems. He will be a top 10 pick in the NFL draft

no doubt, he was, is, a freaking beast, if coker and coleman have aspirations of not just getting a shot but having an nfl career they have seen up close now what an nfl caliber pass rusher looks like and what they need to work on in the offseason, spring, and summer conditioning

the real positive about that as well is it doesn't just benefit them or the offensive line for next year, all those young defensive linemen, someone like bax who is coming in from high school also benefit from that exposure as well as the competition

Toad Jones

no doubt, he was, is, a freaking beast, if coker and coleman have aspirations of not just getting a shot but having an nfl career they have seen up close now what an nfl caliber pass rusher looks like and what they need to work on in the offseason, spring, and summer conditioning

the real positive about that as well is it doesn't just benefit them or the offensive line for next year, all those young defensive linemen, someone like bax who is coming in from high school also benefit from that exposure as well as the competition
Love, love your last paragraph and how important it is to be mentored by your respected peers!!!! Unbelievable how this program has grown in a very short time. From where I stand, we're on the track to greatness.