• The KillerFrogs

Jimbo Out of There

westoverhillbilly

After the 1981 season, A&M was the first program I knew of to make a true money play by hiring Jackie Sherrill from Pitt for what was a huge sum of money at that time. Circa 1983, I ran into Sherrill at a gas station in Navasota- he was driving a maroon Mercedes convertible and wearing a matching maroon jacket/tie. Some old guys sitting at a picnic table told him he better go to the Cotton Bowl (for the winner of the SWC) that year or he'd be gone and he just ignored them. He wouldn't take them there until year 4 (1985) when the conference was down- the Ags haven't played on the national stage since 1939 despite trying to buy their way in for 42+ years. I've loved watching the [ Finebaum ] show all these years! TCU has had far more elevated and meaningful success and they're so freaking jealous!

Such a bad move by them…they’re pulling another RC Slocum firing. Fisher is 20 games above .500 and hasn’t been all that bad.

They’re at their level in the SEC, that’s all. Hell, if anything, Fisher kept them above their real level while in the SEC. They’ll probably start going 4-8, 5-7 consistently in the SEC now with him gone.
He was 27-21 in conference. That comes out to 4.5-3.5 in conference, one game over .500 average over six years. No conference championships. Not even an SEC West championship. No CFP appearances. Two top 25 finishes in 6 years (assuming they don't finish ranked this year). One final ranking of #4 in the covid shortened 2020 season. 10-15 against ranked teams.

At $9.5 million a year, that's a spectacular fail.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Napoleon Dynamite GIF by Ben L

Chongo94

He was 27-21 in conference. That comes out to 4.5-3.5 in conference, one game over .500 average over six years. No conference championships. Not even an SEC West championship. No CFP appearances. Two top 25 finishes in 6 years (assuming they don't finish ranked this year). One final ranking of #4 in the covid shortened 2020 season. 10-15 against ranked teams.

At $9.5 million a year, that's a spectacular fail.
As I said, they’re at their level. It may be a fail based on the money they paid him but that was their own stupidity. They are at their level, no coach is gonna change that.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Get ready for a lot of Deion to A&M discussion. I'm not saying he's going to leave CU after one year, but it will definitely be talked about.
That sounds so ridiculous... Until you pause and think, "It's the Aggies. They're capable of leaps of absolute mental buggery we regular folk cannot comprehend. It's just zany enough to be plausible!"

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Aggies expect to name Nick Saban and Mark Richt as co-head coaches for $20 million each per in guaranteed 10-year contracts.

jack the frog

That sounds so ridiculous... Until you pause and think, "It's the Aggies. They're capable of leaps of absolute mental buggery we regular folk cannot comprehend. It's just zany enough to be plausible!"
Standard negotiation. One by one their top candidate’s say ‘no thanks’. Panic ensues. Sharp begins to negotiate against himself as they finally sign their 5th choice for way too much money. Aggy’s proclaim ‘We got our guy’.

froginaustin

Yep. AND add on top of that UT will now more than likely start beating them on the field year in and year out.
All this recent Ag teeth gnashing has come without losing to their rivals. Just imagine how bad it’s gonna get when they start getting thumped by UT…

not to mention what OU will likely do to them.