• The KillerFrogs

Jeff Tarpley from AggieYell.com

joefrog91

Was just on Rivals Radio saying he heard Houston has been approached to be the 10th team in the Big XII if A&M leaves. He isn't sure if it was someone that actually had the authority to make an offer or not. But Houston has been approached by someone.

roddog

Banned
aggieyell, that sounds about as cool as the lhn

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-08-11/source-report-of-texas-am-accepting-sec-invitation-just-not-true

Limey Frog

Was just on Rivals Radio saying he heard Houston has been approached to be the 10th team in the Big XII if A&M leaves. He isn't sure if it was someone that actually had the authority to make an offer or not. But Houston has been approached by someone.

Please, football gods, let this be true.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

dude, nobody wants boise, all they have is going for them is football, nothing else!

They do have their truck driving school. In all seriousness this thought came across my mind when neb and cu left, but football drives everything. That is why the basketball centered big east invited tcu even with their struggling basketball team.

roddog

Banned
They do have their truck driving school. In all seriousness this thought came across my mind when neb and cu left, but football drives everything. That is why the basketball centered big east invited tcu even with their struggling basketball team.

football isnt the main thing that drives this thing or tcu would be in the big 12, what drives it is television sets, and boise has very few!

BABYFACE

That would make sense because A$M has huge presence in the Houston market and thus offering UH will be Beebe's counter to TV to try to replace those TV sets. He will sell that bag of goods even us here know it is a stretch. ALso, I will not be surprised if TCU never gets a sniff from the BIg12. The Big 12 Texas schools do not want TCU in their conference. It is that simple.

Downside of adding UH, is that sends a message to Big12 North schools that keeping the conference strong as possible is not the main objective. Thus, schools like KST, Kansas and Mizzou that have given no consideration to a BE invite, might be willing to at least explore the vaibility of it.

2314@work

Contributor
explain to me more about this tech problem, do any of you even know what that means or do you just like saying it?
Yes. But we like mentioning more the fact that Tech chickened out and dropped us from its schedule. BTW, shouldn't that have been the end of you on this board (NORMLFROG in 3, 2, 1 ...)?

SoonerBredCD

and what you want matters to????????????????????

Did you not say, "dude, nobody wants Boise...." Well, I was pointing out that its not true. If the Big XII were a viable conference still, I'd love Boise. So would many others I suspect. Honestly, nobody really wants Tech, but I'm sure you'll get to ride the coattails of UT as a package deal. Consider yourself lucky!

TCUBetterThanYou

football isnt the main thing that drives this thing or tcu would be in the big 12, what drives it is television sets, and boise has very few!

I normally try not to stir the pot with you Rod, but I had to laugh out loud at the idea that UofH brings more TV sets than Boise. Are they in a large TV market? Yes. Does Aggy own that market? Yes. Does anyone watch U of H games? Not outside the 28K in the stadium which obviously excludes them from any TV watching audience.

Also, Boise has made the basketball tourney more recently than U of H.

I really don't have a problem with Houston, and if they go to the Big 12, I'm glad they get a short payday. I'm just pointing out the fallacies in your argument.

roddog

Banned
Did you not say, "dude, nobody wants Boise...." Well, I was pointing out that its not true. If the Big XII were a viable conference still, I'd love Boise. So would many others I suspect. Honestly, nobody really wants Tech, but I'm sure you'll get to ride the coattails of UT as a package deal. Consider yourself lucky!

when i say nobody, i mean the big conferences, not some ou fan who seems to think that ou has more power than ut, and btw, ou isnt so much as farting in the wind until they see what texas is doing!

AUFrog

Which completely explains, then, why the Big X - II would target UH... They don't bring any TV sets and certainly can't imagine more people tune into one of their games than a Boise game. I bet Baylor is the one trying to pull in UH, as this might prevent them from finishing last every year UT doesn't crap the bed.