• The KillerFrogs

Jay Mohr hosting Rome Show 5/27

Punter1

Wow...still can't see my point? Because I was saying Jay Mohr is great when he sticks to sports, or away from politics on the Jim Rome Show. I was commenting on his very public comments and bis tendency to stear the conversation to nasty, leftwing BS.

But hey, turn it around and say I'm the one who started it. That's cool.

pcf

Wow...still can't see my point? Because I was saying Jay Mohr is great when he sticks to sports, or away from politics on the Jim Rome Show. I was commenting on his very public comments and bis tendency to stear the conversation to nasty, leftwing BS.

But hey, turn it around and say I'm the one who started it. That's cool.

http://www.redraiders.com/2011/04/26/tuberville-weighs-in-on-conservative-talk-show/

Punter1

Thank you for making my point...yawn...

And if Tubberville had called Rome and said what he just said I would rip him too. And while I am a republican and he was on a political show...I really dont give two [Craig James] what T'ville says on politics.

TCUParker

Obviously, it looks like you didn't get the point of post # 10 either.... Punter1 started on this board exactly what he complained about Mohr... with Punter1's political critique about what Jay's political opinion was.... not that Jay shouldn't bring up politics on the/a sports format... Again the point was... Punter 1 did what he compalined about Mohr doing. If Punter 1 really hates politics on any sports format/forum... then he should have taken the high road and left his obvious political sentiments out...
Cheers!

So if that is the case then how does that make your initial response any different? Hi pot I'd like to introduce you to kettle.

TCUParker

http://www.redraiders.com/2011/04/26/tuberville-weighs-in-on-conservative-talk-show/

Thank you for making my point/case stronger? He was on a talk show where the SUBJECT is politics. Mohr goes on CNN? Talk it up. Hell, he goes on Hannity have at it. But if you are on another broadcast and in-between discussing who's up next for the nomination for best actor and a commercial break you throw out a rant on your stance for drilling in ANWR? (note: this is just an off the cuff example, I have no clue what his stance is on ANWR or if he's even done something exactly like this)

Then go to your local store, buy a kite, tie a metal rod to it, find the closest thunder storm and fly your kite. And that goes for the whole lot: Republican, Democrate or Independent.

pcf

Thank you for making my point...yawn...

And if Tubberville had called Rome and said what he just said I would rip him too. And while I am a republican and he was on a political show...I really dont give two [Craig James] what T'ville says on politics.

I thought your point was that Mohr was a left wing nut.

What Tuberville did was actually worse. Mohr is a comedian with his professional responsibility being to himself. Tuberville is an employee with a broader professional responsibility and who made a grave error in judgment by even going on the show, IMO.

Mohr was doing his job. Tuberville was complicating his job and exposing himself to the same political charge.

pcf

Thank you for making my point/case stronger? He was on a talk show where the SUBJECT is politics. Mohr goes on CNN? Talk it up. Hell, he goes on Hannity have at it. But if you are on another broadcast and in-between discussing who's up next for the nomination for best actor and a commercial break you throw out a rant on your stance for drilling in ANWR? (note: this is just an off the cuff example, I have no clue what his stance is on ANWR or if he's even done something exactly like this)

Then go to your local store, buy a kite, tie a metal rod to it, find the closest thunder storm and fly your kite. And that goes for the whole lot: Republican, Democrate or Independent.

Jim Rome's show has always talked politics in some form at times. Pat Tillman. Brock Lesnar.

Mohr didn't break protocol.

And a molehill becomes a mountain...

rman4481l.jpg

Punter1

Jim Rome's show has always talked politics in some form at times. Pat Tillman. Brock Lesnar.

Maybe the most untrue statement in the history of FFF. As a "clone" and 14 yr Rome listener his show NEVER randmly talks about politics. In fact I've heard Jim say 100 times this show is for sports and if ou want to engage in politics their are plenty of shows on both sides you can listen to.

When he does talk about Tillman or a gay athlete or owner coming out he does his absolute best to stick to facts...and not opinions. Rome himsellf never engages in random political thoughts and trust me if he just heard your comment...he would probably disagree with you more.

pcf

Maybe the most untrue statement in the history of FFF. As a "clone" and 14 yr Rome listener his show NEVER randmly talks about politics. In fact I've heard Jim say 100 times this show is for sports and if ou want to engage in politics their are plenty of shows on both sides you can listen to.

When he does talk about Tillman or a gay athlete or owner coming out he does his absolute best to stick to facts...and not opinions. Rome himsellf never engages in random political thoughts and trust me if he just heard your comment...he would probably disagree with you more.

If true, then Rome needs to keep Mohr off his show. Rome is in charge of his show, isn't he? Did he tell Mohr to shut up?

Rome can tell us or he can show us. You think Mohr's coming back on Rome's show?

pcf

Does everything have to dissolve into a political pissing match these days?

It isn't about politics. It is about respecting each other. Punter had a fair point, which he totally screwed up. He felt imposed upon by Mohr's political opinions. That's fair. However, Punter did the same thing to others, when he referenced left wing nut BS.

Then it wasn't so much about making people uncomfortable, it was about injecting his political opinion, too.

Punter could have just left it at Mohr making a positive comment about TCU football.

pcf

Yes, we ALL could have left it at that

Yes, because remaining silent works so well to set social standards and boundaries. Letting bullies punch people in the face without cost also teaches the bully the right way to behave. It makes perfect sense.

TheSheik

Yes, because remaining silent works so well to set social standards and boundaries. Letting bullies punch people in the face without cost also teaches the bully the right way to behave. It makes perfect sense.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite

pcf

It can be. The athletic department cares about certain topics, so it must mean something.

In this case, it is more about respect for other Frog fans and not making little digs inappropriately. It is silly to sour things on the sports board over an irrelevant political tilt, or getting into it over religion or race.

TCUParker

You clearly ride the short bus...

So because TiLLMAN and LESNAR talk politics its okay? Talk about quality examples of why it's okay to do what Jay did. You sir should run for office. We need more folk like you in DC.

Between you and Craig James I'm not sure who'd I vote for.

Edit:

For the record let me go out on a limb and say, confidently, that you are in a small minority of TCU grads. I am astounded at the simpleness of your responses. I rarely respond but I about had enough between you and Mistletoad spewing your political agenda, regardless of which way you lean, across multiple posts.