• The KillerFrogs

Jalen Reagor and 2020

MTfrog5

I'm sure his father is probably envisioning what his son's numbers might be had he had Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and Jalen Hurts throwing to him. He possibly could have been a first rounder with those QB's throwing to him.
He still has to catch the ball with those QB throwing to him. Also Lincoln won’t play WR unless they block down field. Watch Lamb and how that dude is always looking to block for whoever has the ball

LisaLT

He still has to catch the ball with those QB throwing to him. Also Lincoln won’t play WR unless they block down field. Watch Lamb and how that dude is always looking to block for whoever has the ball
yes true, but those QB's have a higher level of accuracy on their throws - and experience. I'm guessing having two heisman winners and a successful Alabama transfer would translate to more success as a WR. My point is I'm sure this has been a topic of conversation in the JR household.

flyfishingfrog

I'm sure his father is probably envisioning what his son's numbers might be had he had Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and Jalen Hurts throwing to him. He possibly could have been a first rounder with those QB's throwing to him.
Or he could have been the #4 receiver on a team with other guys just as talented that worked harder and learned to run routes...

which is more likely on a team like OU that has 5 guys that can all go up and get the ball?

LisaLT

Compare Baker/Murray to our field of QB's over the last few years and tell me Reagor would not have had better numbers. That is rather obvious.
Or he could have been the #4 receiver on a team with other guys just as talented that worked harder and learned to run routes...

which is more likely in a team like OU that has 5 guys that can all go up and get the ball?
I think Reagor has shown he can go up and get the ball. Our QB's have shown a propensity to be inaccurate passers, making his job much more difficult to be successful.

berryfrog95

He's not a good route runner, takes too many plays off, has a bad case of the drops and is tremendously under sized. If he comes out in 2020, he will go undrafted. The class is too deep and he's had a very lackluster year.

Not being negative, but rather being realistic. This is a crazy deep WR class. He would need an all world combine if he even got invited.

KD Cannon comes to mind with Reagor. Reagor is 4.3, Cannon 4.4..... below average route runners, similar measurables.

Both burn you with the deep ball but have the dropsies occasionally.

4.3 should get you drafted and be the difference (see DK Metcalf last year - still dropping balls as a rookie but also making big plays)

KD left Junior year and went undrafted.....work ethic caught up with him and out of the league in a flash. I think JR has better foundation, we’ll see.

Last edited:

MTfrog5

Compare Baker/Murray to our field of QB's over the last few years and tell me Reagor would not have had better numbers. That is rather obvious.

I think Reagor has shown he can go up and get the ball. Our QB's have shown a propensity to be inaccurate passers, making his job much more difficult to be successful.
More accurate also means tighter windows these throws are coming in at from those QB. I’m not denying that a better/experienced QB would give him better numbers, but it takes two to tango

flyfishingfrog

wasn't trying to say he can’t go up and get it - I was saying so can every WR starting for OU and the OU guys work harder every play and run routes better

so they are going to be open more often in general and probably get the ball more because of it

I think he would get pushed down the depth chart at any team with a WR Corp that had a pulse- here his natural ability keeps him at the top simply because the rest of our guys are not that good with maybe two exceptions

just look at Barber - he basically displaced Reagor as our #1 in a matter of weeks after returning simply because he finishes routes and comes back to the QB when the pocket breaks down