• The KillerFrogs

Jackson Clarion-Ledger: Shooting woes hurt Ole Miss in loss to TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Jackson Clarion-Ledger: Shooting woes hurt Ole Miss in loss to TCU

Hugh Kellenberger, The Clarion-Ledger

OXFORD – They missed them long. They missed them short. Sometimes, they didn’t even touch the rim at all. They even missed with no hand in their faces.

Man oh man, did Ole Miss miss shots on Thursday at Tad Smith Coliseum. A little more than 70 percent of the 57 shots the Rebels took did not go in, and TCU cruised to a 66-54 win in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge.

“I told our team I’m a little dumbfounded,” coach Andy Kennedy said. “I’m obviously not pushing the right buttons. I got to figure out a way to get this team to play the way I saw them play for two games against Creighton and Cincinnati. (Thursday) certainly wasn’t the case and if we don’t play to our standard in Oregon (on Sunday), we won’t like the result either.”

The Rebels (5-2) shot44 percent through their first six games and were higher than that during last weekend’s Emerald Coast Classic. Those wins gained Ole Miss some notice; this loss is a reminder of how low the floor is for this team. ...

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2014/12/04/shooting-woes-hurt-ole-miss-loss-tcu/19934099/