• The KillerFrogs

It's Time Again: Make Your Plans, Get To The Scholl (02/26 & 03/01)!

OK folks, here we are... Want TCU Basketball to make the NCAA Tournament? Well, we have a shot, but we need everybody to chip in and swing for the fences in the upcoming two home games. TCU is the definition of a "bubble team" as of now and we need at least one more Quad 1 win to improve our chances of getting in.

The good news? The committee has shown a strong appreciation for the Big 12 so far, so 7-8 bids could definitely be in the offer.

What do we need to do? To put it plainly, we need to get to 20 wins, and we ideally need to do it with at least one more Quad 1 win.

The Frogs are headed to Austin this Wednesday, with one day of rest, facing Texas who is playing well... You never know, but plan for a loss.

Then we have two back-to-back home games, and the Frogs must win AT LEAST one:

Saturday Feb 26th: Texas Tech @ 5pm CT
- Tech is a Top 10 NET team and Top 20 RPI team, playing well right now... They do have an extra day of rest ahead of our game, which sucks
- They spanked us in Lubbock, but the Frogs showed early we have some favorable matchups
- This is going to be a slow, defense and rebound game... That's good for the Frogs

Tuesday Mar 1st: Kansas @ 7pm CT
- Kansas is a Top 10 NET and RPI team, currently slated to be a #1 tournament seed
- We have to play them back-to-back games, so expect Kansas to go all out for this game to win, and use their home crowd as the difference-maker in the re-match
- They are very good, very skilled... I expect this to be far tougher than Tech

As you can see, BOTH games are huge and we need to win one. If we win both somehow? We're in. If we win one? We are looking pretty good. Win neither? Things get very hard.

The Frogs have six games left (at least)... Here's what I see:

@ Texas: LOSS
Home vs. Tech and KU: Win 1 out of 2
@ KU: LOSS
@ WVU and 1st Conf Tournament Game: Go 1-1

Then, either add 1 more win from the WVU/Tournament group (win both), and/or win another in the Big 12 Tournament.

This get's you 20 wins on the year, another Quad 1 win and a BIG name at that, and I think the Frogs have the resume to get in barring some crazy upsets in conference tournaments.

If we can't add another Quad 1 win along the way? I think it's going to be very hard to make the tournament. We'd need a run to the Conference Tournament Title Game, I think.

Please, please, please: Make plans to get to the Scholl this Saturday and next Tuesday and support the Frogs. If you have tickets? Great, use them or give them to a LOUD Frog fan.

No tickets? TCU is sold out (essentially), so go to the secondary markets.

The "12th Man" exists for a reason, the home crowd CAN win games. Make your plans, let's go take one of these two big conference games.

Endless Purple

Weren't there already a couple games where students and fans turned out in force only to have the team bomb. Maybe a modest crowd works better. Buy all the tickets and hide them from opposing fans so no one uses them.

Atomic Frawg

This is where giving away games to Okie Lite and K-State comes back to bite you. We should've closed both those games, but I digress. GO FROGS!!!

Last edited:

tcumaniac

Weren't there already a couple games where students and fans turned out in force only to have the team bomb. Maybe a modest crowd works better. Buy all the tickets and hide them from opposing fans so no one uses them.
Not a bad point. There's been an unquestionable negative correlation between the quality of our crowd and the quality in which we play.

bp4tcu

LOL we're not beating Tech or KU. Tech held OU last night to their lowest points total in like 10 years. A slow, defensive game is NOT good for us, it's good for them. Their offense is pretty average but it just doesn't matter with that D.

CountryFrog

LOL we're not beating Tech or KU. Tech held OU last night to their lowest points total in like 10 years. A slow, defensive game is NOT good for us, it's good for them. Their offense is pretty average but it just doesn't matter with that D.
Well not with that attitude we're not beating them.

LVH

This place is empty there is no one here

UT basketball team just came out for warm ups to the applause of about a dozen which mostly consisted of the UT band

I know it's 35 minutes to tip but still, we have more people in our stands 35 minutes to tip

I actually think it'll be very, very dead tonight. There are currently 600 tickets on stubhub for $6.

Their basketball fan base is pretty apathetic, especially on a Wednesday night at 6pm against an unranked team that they smoked earlier in the season.
Honestly you are so right on this, I always forget how pathetic their basketball support is.

Latest posts