• The KillerFrogs

It's early - portal time that is - current listing

JugbandFrog

I’m not trying to be a dik, but that feels like a fairly lazy comparison just because he’s white. This guy seems like way more of a true receiver.
Christian was an excellent slot receiver and excellent at moving chains. This guy doesn’t have elite speed, but he seems to have same intangibles that RC had.

Moose Stuff

Christian was an excellent slot receiver and excellent at moving chains. This guy doesn’t have elite speed, but he seems to have same intangibles that RC had.
Christian caught 74 passes and 3 TD in 4 years playing mostly as a running back. Richardson has 72 catches and 6 TD in 2 years playing exclusively WR. The better TCU white guy comp is Bart Johnson, and he’s better than Bart too.

CryptoMiner

Cal and former Flower Mound Marcus WR and Freshman All-American J Michael Sturdivant enters the portal. He was recruited heavily by Malcolm Kelly out of HS. 6-3/205 and had 65 rec for 755 yards and 7 TDs for the Bears. Has a PR 34 inch vertical and a 10.49 100 meter.

Visiting UCLA but TCU expected to get a visit also. Frogs fit his stated preferences in a program very nicely.

Cal and former Flower Mound Marcus WR and Freshman All-American J Michael Sturdivant enters the portal. He was recruited heavily by Malcolm Kelly out of HS. 6-3/205 and had 65 rec for 755 yards and 7 TDs for the Bears. Has a PR 34 inch vertical and a 10.49 100 meter.

Visiting UCLA but TCU expected to get a visit also. Frogs fit his stated preferences in a program very nicely.
I wonder why he picked Cal with all the options he had. Connections, academia or wanting to live California.

Nick Danger

Here's an article from 247 that highlights the process he's going through, what teams (including TCU) he's focusing on, and why!
Michael Sturdivant

CountryFrog

Richardson has much more in common with Taye Barber as a player than with Ryan Christian. Little taller than Taye I think but very similar player.

Moose Stuff

QJ isn’t gonna be replaceable, but this kid would have some potential similarities. Potential huge addition.

Eight

QJ isn’t gonna be replaceable, but this kid would have some potential similarities. Potential huge addition.

agree, q, is a unicorn, a newer version of julio jones with his combination of size, speed, strength, and ability to run after the catch

one guy won't replace him, but, and some will think i am crazy, but i truly do believe that the overall quality at the receiver position is about to take a big step forward if sturdivant and richardson are here in the spring with earle, bach, the young talent on the roster, and the talent on the way

won't be as experienced, but the overall ceiling will be higher and trending towards a receiver group we have seen at bama and ohio state where you do have singular great talents, but it is the overall group that poses the bigger challenge because most defenses don't have similar depth in their secondaries

Toad Jones

shouldn't that list read spencer sanders and his mother?
plse lv mom home.
agree, q, is a unicorn, a newer version of julio jones with his combination of size, speed, strength, and ability to run after the catch

one guy won't replace him, but, and some will think i am crazy, but i truly do believe that the overall quality at the receiver position is about to take a big step forward if sturdivant and richardson are here in the spring with earle, bach, the young talent on the roster, and the talent on the way

won't be as experienced, but the overall ceiling will be higher and trending towards a receiver group we have seen at bama and ohio state where you do have singular great talents, but it is the overall group that poses the bigger challenge because most defenses don't have similar depth in their secondaries
Would love to have him here. My impression is whomever the QB, he'll be throwing to a stable of outstanding talent.

sandiegojack

Recruiting is sure different these days. For better or worse, the portal has changed college football. Much more like the corporate world where people change jobs, either by choice or not, all the time. The only loyalty is to the almighty dollar.

sdj