• The KillerFrogs

its about to get nasty....

geefrogs

Rain, sleet, snow, flurries, bitter wind......we are getting the whole enchilada tomorrow and into Wednesday and Thursday.

Everyone stay safe on the roads, and if you are traveling (like me, I have a flight out of DFW tomorrow) GOOD LUCK!

Looks like the fans from Green Bay and Pittsburgh will fit right in around town. I am sure they will look at Texas drivers tomorrow and think, hell its just snow people!
biggrin.gif

Post pictures...the weather is going to be that bad.

ftwfrog

The local news has you going as well?? THE ARCTIC BLAST of 2011 already?? Don't you know that news ratings skyrocket during "bad weather" times. They get everyone all riled up because it may drop below 45. So theres going to be a little sleet and some cold weather? When it drops 4 feet of snow like last year we can get excited, but all online forecasts I see is for COLD and maybe a little snow. Tune in at 5:00 and it will be the ARCTIC BLAST of '11.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
The local news has you going as well?? THE ARCTIC BLAST of 2011 already?? Don't you know that news ratings skyrocket during "bad weather" times. They get everyone all riled up because it may drop below 45. So theres going to be a little sleet and some cold weather? When it drops 4 feet of snow like last year we can get excited, but all online forecasts I see is for COLD and maybe a little snow. Tune in at 5:00 and it will be the ARCTIC BLAST of '11.

Well to be fair we are under a Winter Storm Warning from the National Weather Service. I think the main problem is that it is not supposed to get back above freezing until maybe Friday. Not to mention that most of what is expected to fall is supposed to be sleet and freezing rain. That is going to cause havoc on the roads. You are right about the ratings though....

geefrogs

Normally I would agree with you, the news does go a little overboard about it. But when I read ZERO DEGREES wind chill, then I start to consider it nasty weather.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Wake me up when something rivaling the ice storm of New Years Eve 1978 happens. We were visiting our friends in Fort Worth for Christmas/New Years, and got iced in for the next 5 days. Complete gridlock on all levels. The flu-ridden Joe Montana came out in the 2nd half and won the Cotton Bowl over Houston--I don't know how they got the teams and the fans to the stadium, or out for that matter.

The one in February, 1989 was pretty bad, but nothing like the 1978 one.

This nonsense they're calling for now doesn't look like much to get excited about.

2314@work

Contributor
This nonsense they're calling for now doesn't look like much to get excited about.
Really?
OK, send all the yellow dogs out on the frozen streets tomorrow because NNM (which stands for Numb Nuts on Message board) says so :wacko:
Yeah, all the local weather people are idiots and the national weather service doesn't know what it's doing.

Famous last words.

TEUFELI

Wake me up when something rivaling the ice storm of New Years Eve 1978 happens. We were visiting our friends in Fort Worth for Christmas/New Years, and got iced in for the next 5 days. Complete gridlock on all levels. The flu-ridden Joe Montana came out in the 2nd half and won the Cotton Bowl over Houston--I don't know how they got the teams and the fans to the stadium, or out for that matter.

The one in February, 1989 was pretty bad, but nothing like the 1978 one.

Wow.

Did u have to walk to and fro school that day...uphill both ways??

The people from up north are assuming snow. If it is the usual ice, well NOBODY drives well on ice. Just witness the video.

Pittsburg drivers on ice!!

Man, they sure know how to drive on ice! :laugh:

I was thinking about that, too. All the people from GB and Pitt are probably watching the news making fun of Texans "over-reacting". Wait till you wake up and drive on that ice, football fans. We have experience with ice. It ain't fun.