• The KillerFrogs

Is this a TCU decision ?

SportsJunkie

no interest really, just found this entire line of thought by you curious

such as saying you "jokingly told them you are cancelling their store" is saying your peace, hate to see you really upset and i can't tell you the last time i checked the reviews of a store in a move to determine if i should go there. then again i can't recall the last time i was even in a mall

as far as throwing shade at tcu, don't know, why did you title this thread what you titled it?

sure this is all a tcu decision
Because I'm not a far left freak that truly gets butthurt over these things.
And, I made a thread in case it was a TCU licensing decision. As I recall, in the past it seems TCU had been strict on who could sell their stuff unless I heard wrong? I was curious in case this was the norm at all Rally Houses.
And I haven't been to a mall in 3 years but the family wanted to do a secret Santa exchange so we all spread out and got each other gifts.

All better now?

Eight

And, I made a thread in case it was a TCU licensing decision. As I recall, in the past it seems TCU had been strict on who could sell their stuff unless I heard wrong? I was curious in case this was the norm at all Rally Houses.
And I haven't been to a mall in 3 years but the family wanted to do a secret Santa exchange so we all spread out and got each other gifts.

All better now?

you don't get "butthurt' but you wrote all of that when i believe i basically have asked you questions and pointed out contradictions in your title, your original post and your three replies to one reply by me?

got it, and as far as the why, guess it is one of those mysteries of life

Armadillo

No. You can call them though and ask. I turned around and walked out after saying my peace. Maybe we can all leave them a nice review.
As many on here know, I own a small retail store and deal with the general public.

We’d have laughed at you the minute you walked out the door. And called you [ Finebaum ] bag.

Hope it made your day picking on an hourly employee just trying to help you.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

All better now?
No, it is not the norm at all Rally Houses. If you go to the Rally House website and click on a TCU item (or any item), it will tell you what locations have that item available. There are 3 other Rally House locations near me and they have all had TCU gear in the past (even though the Preston location had a very small selection).

froginmn

Putting SMU stuff in the front of a store is a waste of valuable space. Might as well put Jacksonville Jaguar shirts up there.
jags-fan-wth.gif

Endless Purple

Have to side with the OP here. Sounds like he asked a simple question and finished with a bad counter culture dad joke. Not a huge issue.

First, posting here and not digging into management to get an answer is fine. This is a DISCUSSION FORUM. Your supposed to talk about random stuff. Posting here does not mean it is some massive conspiracy against the store or creating stupid instagram postings. It is a conversation that had a valid question some here might be able to answer. Some did by pointing out other branches carry TCU gear.

A light hearted comment to the employee is not picking on them. If the employee was good or management was responsive to customers, they might take note of what customers ask for. If the employees just call you names after the customer leaves - that is a management failure. A rude comment or threatening complaint is another issue. I would hate to ask for something in Armadillo's store that they might not have in stock.

I regularly ask about products and many times have seen stores then start to carry said product. Good customer service. Probably due to multiple people asking the same questions.

On the other side, One time I did hear the employee's very rude comment as I walked out and I cancelled my order (which I just left a deposit on) with them and have cost them several future orders from others that I know of and from myself. While a couple hundred thousand dollars in sales will not impact a multi-million car business, it is still makes me feel better.

StealthFrog

I can’t count how many times I’ve walked into a Rally House looking to buy TCU merch and always come out disappointed. They only carry the off brand generic TCU apparel. If you need tcu golf tees or car emblem then Rally House is your place.

TCUdirtbag

All better now?
Man this thread is scheissing weird.

SportsJunkie

As many on here know, I own a small retail store and deal with the general public.

We’d have laughed at you the minute you walked out the door. And called you [ Finebaum ] bag.

Hope it made your day picking on an hourly employee just trying to help you.
I didn't pick on them. I said above that I JOKINGLY told the working I was canceling them and we both laughed together. It was a very respectful banter. If Eight had his/her way i would have argued with them to find out why. Sheesh

SportsJunkie

Have to side with the OP here. Sounds like he asked a simple question and finished with a bad counter culture dad joke. Not a huge issue.

First, posting here and not digging into management to get an answer is fine. This is a DISCUSSION FORUM. Your supposed to talk about random stuff. Posting here does not mean it is some massive conspiracy against the store or creating stupid instagram postings. It is a conversation that had a valid question some here might be able to answer. Some did by pointing out other branches carry TCU gear.

A light hearted comment to the employee is not picking on them. If the employee was good or management was responsive to customers, they might take note of what customers ask for. If the employees just call you names after the customer leaves - that is a management failure. A rude comment or threatening complaint is another issue. I would hate to ask for something in Armadillo's store that they might not have in stock.

I regularly ask about products and many times have seen stores then start to carry said product. Good customer service. Probably due to multiple people asking the same questions.

On the other side, One time I did hear the employee's very rude comment as I walked out and I cancelled my order (which I just left a deposit on) with them and have cost them several future orders from others that I know of and from myself. While a couple hundred thousand dollars in sales will not impact a multi-million car business, it is still makes me feel better.
Thank you. There was a less than 0% chance anyone around me would have gathered i was being rude to the employee.
I was legitimately curious after I had left the mall so I figured I'd ask here as I don't know how the retail space works. I did not care enough to waste time looking on their corporate website or making any phone calls. It is what it is.