• The KillerFrogs

Is Sam Carter OK?

yurintroubl

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Yeah you don't hear his name in games anymore. So it could be a scheme and if so it sucks because our pass defense is terrible this year.

Smooth42 said:
Would we move Hooker to replace Carter if need be?

I'm going to go ahead and quote myself from something I posted in another thread a couple 4 hours ago...

From what the announcers were saying - I got the impression that the new coaching staff was using Mundine differently than the old regime.  I'm pretty sure they threw the "natural position" label around a couple times.  Coming into the game - He had 33 catches on the season...22 of them were in the 4 games leading up to ours.  In 2013 he had 5 TD receptions.  Until this weekend - He only had 2 for the season (both in the 3 weeks prior to this). 

I don't think there was a lot of tape on him showing what we saw.  That being said - I am surprised we let him run routes all over us for an entire half and then some.  It was pretty clear that our LBs couldn't keep up with him.  Granted the only way to match size on size was with a LB... but I think putting a safety on him like a traditional nickleback would have done the trick.  Seems like Carter should've been accounting for him.  I also got to thinking about last year when we subbed in Geoff Hooker vs WVU to help cover all their WRs and he did a really good job.  We needed SOMEBODY to channel their inner Colin Jones for sure...while the guys in the headsets slowly figured out their oopsie.

HG73

Our D is doing fine.  All Ds give up more yards when they have a high powered offense and they don't have to win every game by themselves.  KU fooled us a little but by the last third of the game they were locked down.  Carry on.

I love Sam Carter and I think a lot of y'all are WAY too critical of his play this year

With that said, I think he pushes his body too hard.. Have seen posts of him at the Rec working out on his own time...

It's one thing to grind and push yourself to be the best, and another to push your body too hard. I wonder if he's just tired or exhausted. Training and conditioning in Coach Sommer's program is plenty

ArgyleFrog2010 said:
I love Sam Carter and I think a lot of y'all are WAY too critical of his play this year

With that said, I think he pushes his body too hard.. Have seen posts of him at the Rec working out on his own time...

It's one thing to grind and push yourself to be the best, and another to push your body too hard. I wonder if he's just tired or exhausted. Training and conditioning in Coach Sommer's program is plenty

You got any pre-workout?

OmniscienceFrog

ArgyleFrog2010 said:
Lol I'm watching the first half now, UNINFORMED guy

Two time Second Team All Big 12. 9 career INT's. LOL at all the fools thinking he's a LB
Not anywhere near big enough to play linebacker in college, much less the NFL.

YA

ArgyleFrog2010 said:
Lol I'm watching the first half now, UNINFORMED guy

Two time Second Team All Big 12. 9 career INT's. LOL at all the fools thinking he's a LB
Wasn't talking about you or to you nancy.

Punter1

I think in many 4-3 schemes Sam would be a very good OLB...in fact I think if he was in OU's D he could possibly be another Striker. He is easily 6-1 or 2 and 210+. There are plenty of those types playing well in the NCAA right now. Carter is best playing close to the LOS and covering underneath routes and setting a strong edge in the running game.

I just think with the amount of 4 and 5 wide offenses were facing...EVERY team has safties trying to cover WRs and get exposed from time to time. Yes. Kindred and Carter are much more SS types but they are so good you have to play them together. 

netty2424

6-1 215 according to roster. They may be keeping his size down to help keep his speed up. Great player and an obvious leader, but he's been taken over the top quite a bit this year. Namely against the cubs. Also gave up a TD to KSU.