• The KillerFrogs

Is Kendal Briles a serious candidate?

HornyWartyToad

So he said he was in the 90% group (the good guys). And that’s not enough. So this is a woke thing now. He didn’t do enough, he didn’t drag the campus life coordinator or someone else into the police office and say “book em”. . I love how @BrewingFrog , who is probably far to one side, is now taking this cause on because of football hate. The hypocrisy runs deep.

I’m only observing calling out balls and strikes now.
I think you and I have very different impressions of the meaning of, "balls and strikes."

Mean Purple

I don’t have a problem with what she says. If you know of someone committing abuse, turn them in. But, and Mather I read it wrong, it sounds like her statements try to too loosely categorize the men in the 90% as not saying or doing enough. In the end, it isn’t a percentage, it is if someone actually knows that something has or is occurring. A man can’t say something about an issue if he doesn’t know it’s going on. I would guess that more than 90% of men would turn someone in or try to intervene on such an issue. Most of us truly don’t know of people who would commit such horrible acts.

And that does raise an issue with Kendall, what did he actually know. School getting would likely find that out. And his attorney isn’t going to let him say something publicly in such a situation if he was in the clear anyway.

It’s a conundrum.

Mean Purple

I think @tcudoc needs to prescribe a lot of valium to many posters here.
Mark Wahlberg Chill GIF
Breathe Episode 2 GIF by Law & Order
Calm Down Keep Your Head Up GIF
Calm Down Tiffany Pollard GIF
palm trees chill GIF
Chill Reaction GIF by #sazanimation
The Love Witch Smoking GIF by Arrow Video
Honest question, did someone really get a lawn mower to take off like that one gif?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I'm not gonna argue with anyone. I'm just gonna state my opinion.

I've done some not great things in my life. So have you, if you're alive and reading this. I've attempted to learn and avoid mistakes that have plagued me in the past. I feel I'm a better person for it. But if someone were around who had seen me at my worst, and not seen the improvement I've made, I wouldn't be able to properly blame them for feeling skeptical or even hating me. I caused that. I have to own it and try to make amends if possible. Some people do GREAT recovering from past mistakes, and others just sort of roll back into the same behavior.

None of us, unless you are a TRUE insider or work in the Arkansas football program, know whether or not the younger Briles has learned and become a better person. It's possible he has, just as it's possible he hasn't. I don't feel compelled to make any sweeping judgments from my position of ignorance, much less be up here threatening to pull my support of the entire thing. I see that people who know far more, and have earned a little trust capital, might be on board with this. So for now, I'm going with that.

If asked, I'd tell you it's a risky hire. But if not asked, I'm gonna shut up and observe. I understand he was connected to a terrible thing. Nothing can change that. But if he wasn't the primary actor, and IF he has improved his outlook due to these mistakes, then he could turn out no worse than anyone else.

I see so many complaints about cancel culture, yet some of y'all who hate it are executing your own version here.

McFroggin

I don’t have a problem with what she says. If you know of someone committing abuse, turn them in. But, and Mather I read it wrong, it sounds like her statements try to too loosely categorize the men in the 90% as not saying or doing enough. In the end, it isn’t a percentage, it is if someone actually knows that something has or is occurring. A man can’t say something about an issue if he doesn’t know it’s going on. I would guess that more than 90% of men would turn someone in or try to intervene on such an issue. Most of us truly don’t know of people who would commit such horrible acts.

And that does raise an issue with Kendall, what did he actually know. School getting would likely find that out. And his attorney isn’t going to let him say something publicly in such a situation if he was in the clear anyway.

It’s a conundrum.

How do you truly know?

Wasn’t it Fields that allegedly punched a girl in the face with no broken bones or serious damage? Maybe he did all of that and he is a loose cannon. I have no idea. I also have a hard time believing that someone as strong as him and 240lbs didn’t break a single bone if he really punched her.

Now with alcohol and parties and stuff on campus, how do coaches accurately determine what happened at 2am in a frat house weeks ago?

I get that it’s terrible when it happens, but what do you expect a typical man to do with such knowledge? Unless you actually committed the crime, there isn’t a way to 100% know what happened and justifiably do what? Should we strangle them ourselves?

A better course of action would be to get parents involved, seek medical care, seek psychological care, and press charges. Get help. The OC is not the person to talk too.

I've done some not great things in my life. So have you, if you're alive and reading this. I've attempted to learn and avoid mistakes that have plagued me in the past. I feel I'm a better person for it. But if someone were around who had seen me at my worst, and not seen the improvement I've made, I wouldn't be able to properly blame them for feeling skeptical or even hating me. I caused that. I have to own it and try to make amends if possible. Some people do GREAT recovering from past mistakes, and others just sort of roll back into the same behavior.

None of us, unless you are a TRUE insider or work in the Arkansas football program, know whether or not the younger Briles has learned and become a better person. It's possible he has, just as it's possible he hasn't. I don't feel compelled to make any sweeping judgments from my position of ignorance, much less be up here threatening to pull my support of the entire thing. I see that people who know far more, and have earned a little trust capital, might be on board with this. So for now, I'm going with that.

If asked, I'd tell you it's a risky hire. But if not asked, I'm gonna shut up and observe. I understand he was connected to a terrible thing. Nothing can change that. But if he wasn't the primary actor, and IF he has improved his outlook due to these mistakes, then he could turn out no worse than anyone else.

I see so many complaints about cancel culture, yet some of y'all who hate it are executing your own version here.
Really nice post Satis, especially the first part which I share I agree and have the same feeling mostly, just mainly don’t want Briles around due to his last name and his father and hate for BayLOL. Kaz is legit tho, even though he used to drive me crazy. Scheiss I’m conflicted

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Really nice post Satis, especially the first part which I share I agree and have the same feeling mostly, just mainly don’t want Briles around due to his last name and his father and hate for BayLOL. Kaz is legit tho, even though he used to drive me crazy. Scheiss I’m conflicted
I think we all are, I think that's an honest assessment and a normal emotion. I just know that I am not a person who needs to throw stones, whether or not my transgressions were "as bad" in a vacuum or not.

Mean Purple

My big question at this point: we just went to a natty game and this is the best level candidate we can get for OC?

Tyson

Wow. Seriously.

Former Baylor OC Kendal Briles allegedly used sex to sell ...

https://www.dallasnews.com › Sports › Baylor Bears

Jan 27, 2017 — One Dallas-area high school recruit said Briles once asked him, "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love ...
according to 2022 stats- TCU had 51 red zone scores, UA had 49
TCU 61 red zone attempts, UA 59
TCU Avg. 455/gm, UA Avg. 471
He is not a terrible OC.
Darn stats!!!!

Outback Frog

I have ZERO evidence at all that Little Briles has any remorse about what happened at Baylor. You will feel sick reading about the first-hand accounts given by the many co-eds at Baylor that were sexual assault victims to an out-of-control Baylor football program in the book Violated. Those of you that want to give KB a pass, I dare you to read the book and see if you still think this is the right hire.

Pharm Frog

It’s not cancel culture to not wish to affiliate. Nobody has suggested that he be eternally unemployable or that he be fired from UA. It’s not cancelling someone when you prefer not to hire someone with a dubious past and questionable reputation…it’s called discernment and judgment. I don’t want to cancel some of these folks who have run up against the woke mob but also don’t necessarily want them coming to my house for dinner. But I take it you’d have no problem hiring Art if Sonny wanted him…

Rifframbahzoo20

It’s not cancel culture to not wish to affiliate. Nobody has suggested that he be eternally unemployable or that he be fired from UA. It’s not cancelling someone when you prefer not to hire someone with a dubious past and questionable reputation…it’s called discernment and judgment. I don’t want to cancel some of these folks who have run up against the woke mob but also don’t necessarily want them coming to my house for dinner. But I take it you’d have no problem hiring Art if Sonny wanted him…
I wonder if the people whining cancel culture have never boycotted anything in their life. I seriously doubt it.