• The KillerFrogs

Is Kendal Briles a serious candidate?

HornyWartyToad

Yes, I question myself not being able to separate that given that he worked directly for his father, partly as second-in-command, during a time when there was a campus-wide effort to cover up rapes committed by players who they were directly responsible for.
Yeah, lol @ "no reason to continue debating," and then proceeding to make another argue.

OICU812

Also, he did not rape anyone, so can we equate his alleged actions to the same?
Actually there is a possibility he did. If you can place any credence in the stories from Stephenville, there is one accusing him of exactly that, and the football PR machine going into high gear to sweep it under the rug. Sound familiar?
Not saying it happened, but there’s enough there to be very hesitant to say for sure he never. Would certainly explain a lot.

An-Cap Frog

Actually there is a possibility he did. If you can place any credence in the stories from Stephenville, there is one accusing him of exactly that, and the football PR machine going into high gear to sweep it under the rug. Sound familiar?
Not saying it happened, but there’s enough there to be very hesitant to say for sure he never. Would certainly explain a lot.
If that was the only story would you agree to hire him?

Chongo94

I'm not defending anyone. Just not willing to assume that someone is the worst scum on the planet with no actual supporting evidence.

I don't know when we got to the point in society where we're so quick to assume the worst about people with very little to no information about them but it's not something I'm a fan of. That's the principle that I'm sticking up for much more than this guy. I'm also not thrilled with the assumption that so many on here are making that the people running tcu are also terrible people for bringing this guy in when they have far more information on the matter than any of us do.
Does this include Aggies? Cause generally, in my view, any and all Aggies are scum.

OICU812

If that was the only story would you agree to hire him?
You sound so entrenched that I doubt anything would alter your stance. So, while your question is moot because I’m a “never Briles,” I will say that if I know about that story and TCU doesn’t, and is seriously considering him, shame on them. And if they do know about it and haven’t sent people to Stephenville to get to the bottom of it, and are seriously considering him, shame on them.

bleedhornfrogs

Jeremy Clark just said something about Thursday. I'm wondering if that's the day Kendal announces whether he's staying with the Razorbacks or leaving to come to TCU?

Hemingway

His many texts marketing the coeds of Baylor to prospective athletes are well-documented and widely reported. That should be the end of any speculation about his fitness to represent a university as a coach.
So he literally had girls that would follow his command and go have sex? Or was he having girls show up to a recruiting party to talk to recruits? The two are completely different

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

Frog-in-law1995

His many texts marketing the coeds of Baylor to prospective athletes are well-documented and widely reported. That should be the end of any speculation about his fitness to represent a university as a coach.
He wasn’t offering them as door prizes, for crying out loud. You don’t think TCU coaches make sure recruits know we have hot coeds? That’s every coach at every school since the very first 18-year-old boy was recruited. The “white girls” thing was a bit too far, but he was trying to sell Baylor and Waco, so probably gotta push the envelope a bit.

arizonafrog12

The fact that so many of you think that the coaching profession is free of morally dubious individuals - except for Briles of course - is shocking… have you ever been around a football team? There’s a pool of testosterone and sexism in every single locker room around the country. I’d be willing to bet we have guys on our team who have engaged in questionable sexual encounters that would be highly scrutinized if they came to light. Give me a break - there is nothing “moral” about college football anymore. It’s about who can get the meanest, nastiest players to buy in to their program. Sometimes that means promoting “white girls” as a selling point. And if you think we don’t sell the same thing to our recruits, you’re very naive

I’m not saying we should hire KB - clearly he has a target on his head and for good reason. But there’s probably 50 other candidates who have been involved in questionable activities and they never come to light

ticketfrog123

The fact that so many of you think that the coaching profession is free of morally dubious individuals - except for Briles of course - is shocking… have you ever been around a football team? There’s a pool of testosterone and sexism in every single locker room around the country. I’d be willing to bet we have guys on our team who have engaged in questionable sexual encounters that would be highly scrutinized if they came to light. Give me a break - there is nothing “moral” about college football anymore. It’s about who can get the meanest, nastiest players to buy in to their program. Sometimes that means promoting “white girls” as a selling point. And if you think we don’t sell the same thing to our recruits, you’re very naive
I’m not saying we should hire KB - clearly he has a target on his head and for good reason. But there’s probably 50 other candidates who have been involved in questionable activities and they never come to light
theres 50 other coaches involved in comparable activities that never come up? Is covering up > 30 rapes as an individual that common?