• The KillerFrogs

Is Kendal Briles a serious candidate?

HornyWartyToad

As a friendly heads up, while others are understandably up in arms and considering a full stop of financial support to TCU Football / TCU or stop posting on forums, etc. - I feel I should provide advance notice that I will POST MORE OFTEN ON HERE if we hire Briles.

Others can threaten with checkbooks - I’ll take the death by 1,000 cuts approach to motivate each of you to speak up
An unanticipated reason to come out with torches and pitchforks against Ken-doll.

HornyWartyToad

We are not OK with Briles, but we are very happy with Kaz who was there as well. Briles has been at a few different places and has done well with no other issues. I am not saying what he did was ok, but who are we to judge, everyone should get more chances in life. If that’s not the case I’m sure a lot of us would be screwed.
We don't have specifics of what Kaz did/didn't do there. We do with Ken-doll.
"Done well with no other issues," can apply to Bobby Petrino, Art Briles, Hugh Freeze, Mike Vick, and any number of other scumbags who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near 76109.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I’m hearing Arky may moot all of this by reworking KB’s deal. I don’t have a lot of history with the guy who’s telling me that though but he does have contacts among CFB coaches

ticketfrog123

Any of these guys interest anyone?
Jeff Lebby
Seth Littrell
Graham Harrell
Yeah literally any of them can run Sonny’s offense well enough to go 1-loss or undefeated in conference play.

OKST lost most of their scholarship WRs last week and ~12 guys on the 2-deep

The big 12 won’t be strong next year - OU and Texas are down bad

Frogfam4

Yeah literally any of them can run Sonny’s offense well enough to go 1-loss or undefeated in conference play.

OKST lost most of their scholarship WRs last week and ~12 guys on the 2-deep

The big 12 won’t be strong next year - OU and Texas are down bad
Littrell seems like the likely choice, but then who coaches the QBs?

ticketfrog123

Littrell seems like the likely choice, but then who coaches the QBs?
Littrell is in a weird spot - former HC that is 44 - might be a temporary gig for him

I would lean towards Graham taking the job and wanting to prove himself for a longer period of time + get back to Texas.

Chongo94

Any of these guys interest anyone?
Jeff Lebby
Seth Littrell
Graham Harrell
Harrell just got a new job, at Purdue. And if Lebby is who I think he is, HELL NO.

He’s the son in law to Briles isn’t he? His wife is an absolute piece of work. And he actually got in trouble for something else post Baylor I think but can’t quite remember that so don’t quote me on that part.

CountryFrog

Dykes and and Donati have far more information on Briles than anyone on here does so if they're good with it then I see no reason why we shouldn't trust their judgment.

I understand everyone hates the Baylor stuff but I would assume that's only meant that Kendal has been working on a very short leash since leaving there and as far as I know there hasn't been even a blip on the radar screen at his other jobs. If someone knows of something he's actually done at some other school that is objectionable then feel free to correct me.

ticketfrog123

I understand everyone hates the Baylor stuff but I would assume that's only meant that Kendal has been working on a very short leash since leaving there and as far as I know there hasn't been even a blip on the radar screen at his other jobs. If someone knows of something he's actually done at some other school that is objectionable then feel free to correct me.
So we’re just giving a pass to the whole Baylor situation now? Turning a blind eye to the rapes and recruitment of guys with records of rape prior to transferring?

He’s a mediocre OC on top of that. Plenty of guys can produce similar results with no/minimal baggage

CountryFrog

We don't have specifics of what Kaz did/didn't do there. We do with Ken-doll.
"Done well with no other issues," can apply to Bobby Petrino, Art Briles, Hugh Freeze, Mike Vick, and any number of other scumbags who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near 76109.
Please list all of the very specific things that we KNOW Kendal himself has done at Baylor or anywhere else that are to the level he should never be allowed to have a job again. And again, I want the specifics. Not just proximity to scumbaggery or relation to scumbaggery but actual scumbaggery from him.

CountryFrog

So we’re just giving a pass to the whole Baylor situation now? Turning a blind eye to the rapes and recruitment of guys with records of rape prior to transferring?

He’s a mediocre OC on top of that. Plenty of guys can produce similar results with no/minimal baggage
Is Kendal "the whole Baylor situation?" We already have Kaz on payroll so if we're doing guilt by association of anyone and everyone who was in Waco while all that went down then he'll need a pink slip asap.

ticketfrog123

Please list all of the very specific things that we KNOW Kendal himself has done at Baylor or anywhere else that are to the level he should never be allowed to have a job again. And again, I want the specifics. Not just proximity to scumbaggery or relation to scumbaggery but actual scumbaggery from him.
Is wearing CAB apparel or letters during the scandal to proclaim innocence for his father not enough?

Everyone else steered clear of the Boise transfer - Gary even made a public comment about issues Baylor was inviting the year it became public (before it was public - they took multiple transfers that other programs passed on for conduct reasons)

Kendall certainly knew and still believes his dad is some innocent scape goat

ticketfrog123

Is Kendal "the whole Baylor situation?" We already have Kaz on payroll so if we're doing guilt by association of anyone and everyone who was in Waco while all that went down then he'll need a pink slip asap.
Kaz was in a public email chain passing details onto the admin for reporting to handle it - not comparable and not sure why that gets left out

CountryFrog

Is wearing CAB apparel or letters during the scandal to proclaim innocence for his father not enough?

Everyone else steered clear of the Boise transfer - Gary even made a public comment about issues Baylor was inviting the year it became public (before it was public - they took multiple transfers that other programs passed on for conduct reasons)

Kendall certainly knew and still believes his dad is some innocent scape goat
If wearing a t-shirt 7 years ago is the best you can come up with to deny him employment then that's pretty weak.

CountryFrog

Kaz was in a public email chain passing details onto the admin for reporting to handle it - not comparable and not sure why that gets left out
I'm not calling for Kaz to lose his job but you bring up an interesting point when you say it's "not comparable" in relation to Kendal. What exactly is it that we're comparing this to with Kendal? Wearing a t-shirt?

ticketfrog123

If wearing a t-shirt 7 years ago is the best you can come up with to deny him employment then that's pretty weak.
Is wearing a shirt that says I support rapists a good idea? It’s a fireable offense everywhere else in the US

The guy is a headcase just like his dad. Anybody who thinks art Briles is an angel who did no wrong deserves a long stay in the looney bin with a straitjacket.

ticketfrog123

I'm not calling for Kaz to lose his job but you bring up an interesting point when you say it's "not comparable" in relation to Kendal. What exactly is it that we're comparing this to with Kendal? Wearing a t-shirt?
Level of knowledge and rank in the program is a simple one. Look at JP Morgan that just acquired a fake company for $200 million. Do you fire the leader that did the deal (VP / Director) and controlled the narrative + vouched for the acquisition?

Or do you fire the analyst at the bottom of the food chain? strength coach at the bottom reported it up the chain