• The KillerFrogs

Is July the worst sports month?

FBallFan123

There is MLS and that is the issue with streaming. ESPN and fox no longer make money so they don’t cover MLS. Apple has no sports page, scoreboards, ways to follow unless you pay for the games. The whole promotion of MLS soccer fell off a cliff with apple. If a streaming service is going to go all in on a sport they need a good way to promote it outside of a paid broadcast .

Watched Messi’s Miami debut last night on the Spanish channel.

Never tried Apple’s soccer streaming …. but i gave their MLB coverage a try last year and thought it was awful.

FBallFan123

Well…July just became worse. The CFP national championship game is playing now on ESPN. Yikes.

July is when ESPN really leans into ‘The Ocho’ … Pickleball, Kickball, something called “Slamball”.

Think they’ve had Drone Racing on.

But nothing may top whatever “Slippery Stairs” is.

tcudoc

July is when ESPN really leans into ‘The Ocho’ … Pickleball, Kickball, something called “Slamball”.

I remember a few times they showed marble racing. It was surprisingly easy to watch. I would have expected to immediately change the channel and ridicule them for doing something so dumb. Instead I watched it for about thirty minutes.
The combo of juggling and dodgeball was pretty fun as well. Because of my son, I actually knew all of the jugglers that were on there.

FBallFan123

Just checked and the Finals air today on CBS at Noon eastern! Set your DVRs

CBS Sports has really gotten into niche “sports”.

World Strongest Man is classic … as is the World Series of Poker.

I still stumble onto those on occasion when flipping through the channel guide … (something that’s lost with streaming apps) …although the coverage of the WSOP isn’t as good as it used to be.

Also see CBSSN has some kind of Pickleball ballpark tour going on … as well as Cricket … Rugby … Sailing.

FBallFan123

I remember a few times they showed marble racing. It was surprisingly easy to watch. I would have expected to immediately change the channel and ridicule them for doing something so dumb. Instead I watched it for about thirty minutes.
The combo of juggling and dodgeball was pretty fun as well. Because of my son, I actually knew all of the jugglers that were on there.

I’ve never heard of marble racing, but I could see myself getting mesmerized by it for a spell.

It’s amazing the kinda of things you end up watching

I don’t know how much time I’ve spent watching curling, for example.

Last edited:

froginmn

We were out for dinner with friends and I saw Slamball on the TV. Kinda funny, but in truth that was the best way to watch it.

Eight

Waitaminute. Are you guys telling me that the World's Strongest Man isn't on anymore?

still is, always was curious how one goes about training for such a competition

you aren't going to academy or dick's to buy a giant orb of granite or some of the other items used in their events

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
still is, always was curious how one goes about training for such a competition

you aren't going to academy or dick's to buy a giant orb of granite or some of the other items used in their events
Landscaping, dude...

"Tiny, I need you to heave that big rock right over by that stake."

(THUNK)

"Great shot!"

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
No doubt! I just wonder why people who identity themselves as being from a marginalized group do things to further marginalized themselves like rejecting their country. It’s their country too. Not a great strategy to gather allies for your cause.

Yeah, maybe she needs to visit other regions of the world like Saudi Arabia and spout off about her feelings there.

ESPN needs to bring back Australian Rules Football. I loved it just for the refs dressed in raincoats and a hat that would signal when there was a score. Very Fred Garvin like.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Yeah, maybe she needs to visit other regions of the world like Saudi Arabia and spout off about her feelings there.

ESPN needs to bring back Australian Rules Football. I loved it just for the refs dressed in raincoats and a hat that would signal when there was a score. Very Fred Garvin like.
It’s on Fox Sports now, late weekend nights and early weekend mornings.