• The KillerFrogs

Is July the worst sports month?

Chongo94

It has to be right? I mean unless you’re into pro baseball, there is basically nothing going on. All of July and then half of August…that period had to be the worst for sports.

There’s Wimbledon, which is nice and all but I’ve lost interest in it since my playing days stopped and no Americans are that good.

There’s the British Open but that’s only for four days, two during the week.

There is nothing else, no college football, no pro football, no college baseball and basketball, no pro basketball, hockey is over, no European soccer. There’s the Mexican league if you like that but again, aside from maybe 2 big tournaments and one major sport going on, there is NOTHING.

Hate this month when it comes to sports.

SuperBarrFrog

It has to be right? I mean unless you’re into pro baseball, there is basically nothing going on. All of July and then half of August…that period had to be the worst for sports.

There’s Wimbledon, which is nice and all but I’ve lost interest in it since my playing days stopped and no Americans are that good.

There is nothing else, no college football, no pro football, no college baseball and basketball, no pro basketball, hockey is over, no European soccer. There’s the Mexican league if you like that but again, aside from maybe 2 big tournaments and one major sport going on, there is NOTHING.

Wimbledon has been pretty good this year with the American Eubanks from here in Atlanta coming out of nowhere to get to the quarter finals. I’ll definitely be watching Djoker and Alcaraz in the finals tomorrow. Alcaraz is young super athletic dude that gives off some Nadal vibes. Very fun to watch

JogginFrog

That’s going on right now? Seems like since Armstrong stopped that they don’t even air it on tv over here anymore.
I don't blame anyone for giving up on cycling, and I haven't watched the Tour in years, but this year's edition is tight nearing the final week, with last year's winner Jonas Vingegaard leading 2-time winner Tadej Pogačar by 10 seconds through 14 stages.

In 2021 Vingegaard was nearly unknown and was only added to his team's roster 2 months ahead of the Tour. He was supposed to be a support rider, but his team leader crashed and withdrew, so he was pressed into a lead role and finished second. Last year he dropped Pogačar twice on climbs en route to winning. Both riders are under 25 y.o., so the rivalry could go on for years.

Purp

Little League World Series is fun. I do agree that it's a boring sports month, but I do appreciate the respite from my otherwise busy year-round sports calendar.

Limey Frog

In even numbered years there's either a World Cup or European Championship. As an Englishman that usually makes July even worse.

Referencing the latest KF.c podcast, I'm in the camp that views July as the month for outdoor projects and college football preview magazines.

froginmn

Sexist, IMO.