• The KillerFrogs

Iowa State kickoff set for 3 pm CST

TCUdirtbag

Game will be on FOX or FS1. Four B1G games are on a 6-day hold, so presumably the “or” is dependent on where those get slotted and this week’s results (Illinois-NW’ern, Mich St-Penn St, Purdue-Indiana, Minn-Wisconsin). I expect one of those B1G West games could have CCG implications and would pick up the FOX slot—especially if the Minn-Wisconsin game determines the B1G West (but if ESPN/ABC have the next B1G pick that game could get swiped up).

If we do get the FOX designation, we’ll have *5* broadcast network games in a row with the CCG on ABC (and 7 of 13 games total), which would have to be a program record. Even if we get slotted to FS1, I bet 6 broadcast network games in a season is a record. Add two ESPN games (+ the bowl) and four on-site pregame shows and it’s been a helluva year for program/university exposure.

Last edited:

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Game will be on FOX or FS1. Four B1G games are on a 6-day hold, so presumably the “or” is dependent on where those get slotted and this week’s results (Illinois-NW’ern, Mich St-Penn St, Purdue-Indiana, Minn-Wisconsin). I expect one of those B1G West games could have CCG implications and would pick up the FOX slot—especially if the Minn-Wisconsin game determines the B1G West.

If we do get the FOX designation, we’ll have *5* broadcast network games in a row with the CCG on ABC (and 7 of 13 games total), which would have to be a program record. Even if we get slotted to FS1, I bet 6 broadcast network games in a season is a record. Add two ESPN games (+ the bowl) and four on-site pregame shows and it’s been a helluva year for program/university exposure.

That last sentence says it all. Two Gameday and two Big Noon Kickoffs in the same season for little old TCU? Who coulda thunk it? This year should be a boon for recruiting despite OUT hurting the conference's image. This is setting the stage for TCU to be the Big 12 standard bearer in a power vacuum post OU.

ATC Frog

Big fan of this kickoff time. Tailgates won’t start when it’s dark outside and the afternoon kick makes it easier for me to bring my 2 kids to the game and reduce the chances of child meltdown at any point.

froginmn

Game will be on FOX or FS1. Four B1G games are on a 6-day hold, so presumably the “or” is dependent on where those get slotted and this week’s results (Illinois-NW’ern, Mich St-Penn St, Purdue-Indiana, Minn-Wisconsin). I expect one of those B1G West games could have CCG implications and would pick up the FOX slot—especially if the Minn-Wisconsin game determines the B1G West (but if ESPN/ABC have the next B1G pick that game could get swiped up).
The Big Ten West is a complete disaster. Barring a major upset, Purdue will be tied for the lead at 6-3 (they host 1-8 Northwestern, then play at 3-7 Indiana). That would bounce Minnesota as they lost to Purdue so lose a tiebreak.

Iowa is the other team in the mix as they could get to 6-3 and they beat Purdue.

That means that your "compelling" matchups are Purdue - Indy and Nebraska-Iowa. I'd rather put jalapenos under my eyelids.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
The Big Ten West is a complete disaster. Barring a major upset, Purdue will be tied for the lead at 6-3 (they host 1-8 Northwestern, then play at 3-7 Indiana). That would bounce Minnesota as they lost to Purdue so lose a tiebreak.

Iowa is the other team in the mix as they could get to 6-3 and they beat Purdue.

That means that your "compelling" matchups are Purdue - Indy and Nebraska-Iowa. I'd rather put jalapenos under my eyelids.

If Purdue loses to either Northwestern or Indiana, its because they didn't want to go to Indy and get their butt kicked in the CCG.

7 broadcast network (ABC, FOX) games this season. And what will be 5 weeks in a row. Just incredible/unprecedented exposure.

I would assume FOX will give this game some good promo during the World Cup coverage (though tOSU-Mich Big Noon will get the lead).

Games with playoff implications drive big ratings this time of year. Yesterday I was flipping back and forth between all of the key games. I got texts after our game from several non-TCU friends who would have never watched our game otherwise. It’s huge exposure, especially after the last five years of relative obscurity.

y2kFrog

Very possible the Big 10 west champ will have lost to the last place Big 12 team.

CountryFrog

Iowa State is going to be very very tough. Really good defense and this is their last game. Nothing to lose etc. They could easily have 8 wins.
I agree their defense is terrific, probably the best in the conference, and that alone will make it a tough game.

I disagree that they could "easily have 8 wins" because when you turn the ball over constantly and have no running game at all while averaging 20 ppg then nothing at all is easy.

Games with playoff implications drive big ratings this time of year. Yesterday I was flipping back and forth between all of the key games. I got texts after our game from several non-TCU friends who would have never watched our game otherwise. It’s huge exposure, especially after the last five years of relative obscurity.
I received six texts from non-TCU fans immediately after that winning kick. People were watching and astonished.

I doubted that they would get the kick off in time, but the well organized run onto the field and setup by the field goal team was beautiful and surprised me, haha. The snapper and holder then had plenty of time and calmly took those few extra seconds—superbly done by all.

Wexahu

I received six texts from non-TCU fans immediately after that winning kick. People were watching and astonished.

I doubted that they would get the kick off in time, but the well organized run onto the field and setup by the field goal team was beautiful and surprised me, haha. The snapper and holder then had plenty of time and calmly took those few extra seconds—superbly well done by all.
The holder is always unappreciated. That dude grabbed that thing and spun the laces out of the way perfectly. I know it’s probably a little easier than it looks after countless practice reps, but under that pressure…..gotta catch it cleanly, and calmly get it down and spin it.