• The KillerFrogs

Interesting fact about the SEC argument....

Horny4TCU

Next time someone brings up the SEC argument that TCU playing in the SEC would lose... blah, blah, blah, feel free to bring this up.

The SEC has not scheduled a MWC school in the last three year for an out of conference game, granted I only looked at the 2008, 2009, and 2010 schedules .

In the last three seasons there has been one game, the Tennessee Volunteers verse the Wyoming Cowboys. Guess who won that game back in 2008, Wyoming.

The last time the SEC played a MWC team in a bowl game, looking back to 2007 to the 2009/10 bowl games, was Utah verse Alabama in 2008. Well, we all know that out come.

If anyone wants to dig further feel free, but for current teams' sakes I only looked back 3 seasons.

jack the frog

If these guys gave us a chance to play 'em and we chickened out, gave ahead and make the "you can't handle our schedule" argument all day long, but to have a closed system that does not let anyone else share in the competition or money and then make that argument is ridiculous.
I bet Bama has a standing invite from Hair in the Mountain if they do not like that fierce competition in the SEC.

bscttyb

I like the one I heard today, if Auburn/Alabama had the players they have today, and were in the MWC, were undefeated, play the schedule

we have, should they be shut out of the MNC?Just because they are in the MWC? See what their response is.

Toby

Don't the Frogs travel to Baton Rouge in 2012? Looking forward to that one unless of course LSU backs out. But if not, all the Frogs have to do is make it a close game at the end and Coach Mad Hat will most likely screw it up anyways; if he is still there. Go Frogs.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Don't the Frogs travel to Baton Rouge in 2012? Looking forward to that one unless of course LSU backs out. But if not, all the Frogs have to do is make it a close game at the end and Coach Mad Hat will most likely screw it up anyways; if he is still there. Go Frogs.

Tigers manned up and scheduled us home-and-home.

tcumaniac

I like the one I heard today, if Auburn/Alabama had the players they have today, and were in the MWC, were undefeated, play the schedule

we have, should they be shut out of the MNC?Just because they are in the MWC? See what their response is.

+1

Kipster198

Last week Norm Hitzges made a comment that the last time ANY SEC team played a game north of the Mason-Dixon line, or west of Texas they had lost 10 STRAIGHT games. This includes all team in the league. I wish I could find the stat verbatim. I don't have time to research it now, but maybe someone heard the exact quote or could do some research. In any case, there's a reason they play cream-puffs in the OOC schedule.

Go FROGS!

Opintel

Moderators
Last week Norm Hitzges made a comment that the last time ANY SEC team played a game north of the Mason-Dixon line, or west of Texas they had lost 10 STRAIGHT games. This includes all team in the league. I wish I could find the stat verbatim. I don't have time to research it now, but maybe someone heard the exact quote or could do some research. In any case, there's a reason they play cream-puffs in the OOC schedule.

Go FROGS!
Then I guess the Froggies won't look too appetizing, eh? :tongue:

Endless Purple

More likely they will back out of the FW game. When they show up at TCU, then I will give them credit. So far only OU gets my scheduling respect out of the "name" schools.