• The KillerFrogs

Interesting comment from the UH Chancellor

AEAfrog

One of the UH posters on the MWC Board posted this comment that Renu Khator, the UH Chancellor, made on her twitter account:

At Conference USA Board meeting..conferences are still shifting...

http://twitter.com/UHPres

Apparently Khator was the provost at South Florida until 2008 before coming to UH. The insinuation from the UH faithful is that she may have some connections she's using to try to get UH into the Big East. Still all speculation, but this is the first substantive comment on conference movement that I've seen coming out of UH.

AEAfrog

It's kind of an odd comment to make while at the board meetings. Not sure what she was thinking saying something like that.

AEAfrog

Then TCU would easily get the invite before Houston.

Never said Houston would get an invite over TCU. I was saying Houston would get an invite before Memphis if football is what this is all about. Pretty sure UCF deserves consideration ahead of Memphis as well.

back_in_black

Moderators
Never said Houston would get an invite over TCU. I was saying Houston would get an invite before Memphis if football is what this is all about. Pretty sure UCF deserves consideration ahead of Memphis as well.

Back in 2004 both Memphis and East Carolina were rumored to be additional targets for the Big East. As I recall TCU was looking for a long term commitment from Memphis to stay in CUSA and they wouldn't commit. This was one of the reasons we left for the MWC, because stability in CUSA was going to be an issue going forward. Don't know how much truth there was to that but it seemed reasonable at the time.

Nick Danger

It's not that interesting! Her "tweet" was so cryptic and vague, it could mean literally anything! That is even less informative than an article from Bleacher Report and that's sayin' somethin'... :huh: