• The KillerFrogs

Insufferable Michigan fans

JogginFrog

Just read a piece on The Athletic where coaches who had faced Michigan and Washington talked about those teams and the natty matchup. Then I made the mistake of reading the comments. UM fans are next-level arrogant. They are fully convinced that no one will ever stop their O or score on their D.

You'd think that TCU putting 50 on them last year would have led to some awareness of vulnerabilities. But commenters who mentioned TCU were shouted down with comments about refs stealing the game and how UM almost won despite playing terrible.

Had a UGa grad in my house last week and told him how much better behaved the Bulldog fans were on KF.c last year compared to Wolverine fans. Their inability to acknowledge another team's strengths--and insistence on explaining how others fail to understand UM's superiority in every aspect--is breathtaking.

The closest they ever come to saying something positive about an opponent is to say that their good players still aren't as good as Ohio State's.

Zubaz

Then I made the mistake of reading the comments
xhss9.jpg

froginaustin

Off-season posting is heating up, for 2024.

Maybe basketball and baseball will give us something to post about, since apparently there's no 'crutin' season anymore.

Wexahu

Just read a piece on The Athletic where coaches who had faced Michigan and Washington talked about those teams and the natty matchup. Then I made the mistake of reading the comments. UM fans are next-level arrogant. They are fully convinced that no one will ever stop their O or score on their D.

You'd think that TCU putting 50 on them last year would have led to some awareness of vulnerabilities. But commenters who mentioned TCU were shouted down with comments about refs stealing the game and how UM almost won despite playing terrible.

Had a UGa grad in my house last week and told him how much better behaved the Bulldog fans were on KF.c last year compared to Wolverine fans. Their inability to acknowledge another team's strengths--and insistence on explaining how others fail to understand UM's superiority in every aspect--is breathtaking.

The closest they ever come to saying something positive about an opponent is to say that their good players still aren't as good as Ohio State's.
All in all I don't think our fans are really much different, if at all different.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse

I ran into a really nice UGA fan last year in Nashville. I told him how cordial all the fans had been at So-Fi. I did comment that of course it’s easy to be nice to someone when you’re kicking the hell out of them.

He laughed

Planks

Why do our fans always do this? This is the EXACT same thing that happened on this board after we beat Wisconsin. After losing to us in 2010, Wisconsin would go to the Rose Bowl again in the 2011 and 2012 seasons. And most on this board were rooting for Wisconsin to lose. I was one of the only ones who wanted Wisconsin to win. It would have made TCU’s win over them look better had they not gone on to lose the next two Rose Bowls as well.

I would like to see Michigan win the National Championship. Michigan would be national champions and 28-1 over the past two seasons, with their only loss to TCU. That is the best outcome for TCU.

Limey Frog

I live in southern Michigan and am frequently wearing TCU gear out and about. Needless to say, the TCU flag on my house is the only one in town. I've had people see me in a TCU shirt and say "I know where you live." [A few weeks back I was on the front stoop and a guy walked past with his dog and called over to say he was an MSU fan and chuckles to himself every time he passes my house about how fun it was that Michigan lost to us last year. Anyway, I digress...] I haven't had any grief, whining or excuse-making in person from anyone. I think Michigan fans know that their team didn't take us seriously. They feel (justifiably, in my opinion, that with Blake Corum they would likely have won). But the only comments I ever get in person are just respectful acknowledgment that our team surprised everyone and won the game. FWTW.

@Zubaz said it: comments sections are your problem. I know on the rare occasions I comment on Athletic articles it is almost always with the intent of flaming rival fans and then booking it without waiting for or responding to replies.

Planks

One big difference is that there was almost a month leading up to the Michigan game, while only 9 days leading up to the Georgia game.

Give Georgia fans a full month to talk, rather than just a week, and I imagine Georgia fans wouldn’t look as good.

Wexahu

Definitely true. At the same time, saying that fans of certain schools (UT, Tech, Wisky, Michigan/tOSU, Aggie) aren't a step above is silly.
Generally, we're all the same.

If we had a stretch like Michigan is having where we were 39-3 over three seasons with three CFP appearances, our message boards would be full of TCU fans looking down on/belittling other teams with proclamations that nobody can beat us if we played decent. I don't think anyone was talking about how insufferable UM fans were in the early 2010's. Fans like talking [ Finebaum ] when they are good, and they don't like other team's fans talking [ Finebaum ] to them when they aren't so good.