• The KillerFrogs

Indianapolis Star: Banogu finds perfect mentor in Justin Houston

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Colts rookie Ben Banogu has found the perfect mentor in Justin Houston

INDIANAPOLIS — Ben Banogu saw Justin Houston explode out of his stance, burst to the outside shoulder of the offensive tackle and leave the blocker off-balance as he scrambled to match Houston’s speed, then watched Houston chop the tackle’s hands away as he turned the corner to the quarterback.

A speed-chop, a staple move for a lot of pass rushers, but Banogu saw something in Houston’s movements that he thought might fit his game.

Banogu tried to use Houston’s move a few snaps later.

Read more at https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...nogu-justin-houston-matt-eberflus/1362683001/

Eight

Amazing to me that Banogu’s job is simpler on a pro defense.

in the beginning yes, but as the article points out the colts' ultimate plan is to use ben in a role that will demand much more of him.

i do think at times we have seen young players get overwhelmed at tcu with what they are asked to do on defense, especially linebacker and safety

jake102

Amazing to me that Banogu’s job is simpler on a pro defense.

Did you watch him last season? Gary had him doing all sorts of wild stuff (usually successfully). Fairly often he would peel off his edge spot and turn and run with a RB coming out of the backfield. Pretty bizarre. Although my favorite Gary trick defense is when he has a DT drop into coverage. I think he had freaking Broadnax do it last season once.