• The KillerFrogs

Independence is the only answer (unless UT goes indy, then TCU to B12)

SnoSki

Obviously the difficulty with going indy is the need to televise games. Do you think that maybe lowly versus would take a gamble at televising all of TCU's games if need be?

SnoSki

I know it's a pipe dream, but if somehow BYU, WVU, L=Ville, Cincy and maybe Boise are to join the B12, and you had to choose between being in the WAC/CUSA again.. would it make sense to do so?

Again, not realistic, but bringing it up just because I don't know what it would all entail.

Problems-

1. Limited TV money options (especially relative to the still decent BE potential deal).
2. No good place to put olympic sports
3. Don't get to fight for a conference championship.
4. Better rules to get into a BCS bowl (only guarantee if you are independent is if yo uare top 2).
5. No conference allies/connections heading into next round of expansion.
6. Much tougher scheduling, especially in Nov and December

Probably more I'm not thinking of...

Stiff Arm Frog

Indy is more of a logistical problem than anything. NBC Sports probably would broadcast all of our games, and that would be pretty cool, but who would we be playing? The only way BYU has managed to find partners is by promising one-and-dones as the away team. That's not a healthy way to recruit, unless you're trying to recruit to your religion instead of your football team.

YCBJ Frog

Obviously the difficulty with going indy is the need to televise games. Do you think that maybe lowly versus would take a gamble at televising all of TCU's games if need be?

Congrats on winning the prize for the stupidest idea on a resolution to our conference problems. You should probably grab some bench for a few innings... Maybe refrain from making new threads for a while.

SnoSki

[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1316621180' post='926220']
Congrats on winning the prize for the stupidest idea on a resolution to our conference problems. You should probably grab some bench for a few innings... Maybe refrain from making new threads for a while.
[/quote]

Somebody piss in your cheerios today? I said about 4x in this thread that I knew it wasn't a reasonable resolution.. but I didn't know all the reasons why.

Hope I can be as smart as you someday.

masterfrog

I think that if we lose to Boise State this year, then Independence really is the best option. I don't really like playing in a bowl in Shreveport, but it is what it is.

SnoSki

What teams do you think we can attract to play in ACS if TCU is independent?

Just to play devils advocate..

OU and LSU are already coming. Virginia is coming. We could probably still get BYU to come to town. Add a couple small D1 schools (ULM, University of North Texas etc). Maybe service academies. Maybe our old friend Clemson could bail us out.

Not saying it'd be easy or at all plausible, but if it's possible to help give NBC another chip in the fight against ESPN, then maybe they'd put us on and help recruit opponents?

Latest posts