• The KillerFrogs

If not Dykes then what are the options?

PurpleSouthpaw

An honest question, if we are done with Dykes and the staff then what the options? Who would be an upgrade?
This is a dumb post as usually. Dykes will not be fired this year, even if we lose out. Everyone needs to get that through their thick skulls. Now next year he will definitely be on a hot seat, but not even LSU fired Ogeron until he has TWO bad seasons after their 2019 title.

I do advocate for firing Gillespie at this point. We have seen his defense for almost 2 seasons now and it rarely produces at an elite level. It’s scheme is way too soft and is riddled with problems that rely on our offense to be humming to make up for it.

Cfrog1985

Ticket Exchange Pass
This is a dumb post as usually. Dykes will not be fired this year, even if we lose out. Everyone needs to get that through their thick skulls. Now next year he will definitely be on a hot seat, but not even LSU fired Ogeron until he has TWO bad seasons after their 2019 title.

I do advocate for firing Gillespie at this point. We have seen his defense for almost 2 seasons now and it rarely produces at an elite level. It’s scheme is way too soft and is riddled with problems that rely on our offense to be humming to make up for it.

And Briles

SwissArmyFrog

The defense...isriddled with problems that rely on our offense to be humming to make up for it.
Reminds me of Art Briles philosophy. There was an interview a few years back where...I think the DC rather than Briles...said that Briles thinking was just don't totally screw the pooch on defense, the offense will be enough.