• The KillerFrogs

I Need Some Game Day Info For Basketball Please!

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Seeing that my wife and I lived out of state for almost a decade, it’s been a while since I attended a basketball game.

If I can find some aisle tickets, I am taking my 5 year old to his first basketball game on Saturday.

Any tips for parking? Things in the newish arena to show him? Do they sell any youth shirts anywhere during the game?

I found 2 aisle seats on the top row in section 204, but it looks like it may be an obstructed view. I tried doing the 3D thing but it won’t show me that particular row/seat. I’m hoping gofrogs would at least warn me before purchasing that it had an obstructed view.

The only obstruction would be at your head level. There's some seats where you'll have to lean forward so you don't hit your head but nothing that truly obscures your view. I'm at the top at midcourt and the view is great. Have a big steel beam behind me that's a little annoying but at least there's no one behind me.

Parking isn't bad. If you're lucky you may find a spot in that lot just outside the arena. Otherwise the parking garage or lot behind the north endzone isn't too bad of a walk.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
The only obstruction would be at your head level. There's some seats where you'll have to lean forward so you don't hit your head but nothing that truly obscures your view. I'm at the top at midcourt and the view is great. Have a big steel beam behind me that's a little annoying but at least there's no one behind me.

Parking isn't bad. If you're lucky you may find a spot in that lot just outside the arena. Otherwise the parking garage or lot behind the north endzone isn't too bad of a walk.
Thanks buddy!

I actually prefer to sit at the top. My football season tickets I had for 13 years or so were on the top row on the east side and I loved it! This was the first year I didn’t renew, and my dad and I are hoping we can get on the list for next season and get similar seats on the top row on the East side. I love being able to stand all game, and not worrying about people behind me.

Since my son is only 5, I was afraid that these tickets I’m looking at for Saturday may instruct his view of the basket.

Pretty cool to see that there are literally only like 10 tickets not sold on gofrogs for the game!

hf2022

For parking I reccomend either Lot 2 (football lot) or the Frog Alley parking garage. Both are about equal distance to the arena but are free parking. Lot 2 is a lot of uphill walking, but you go up a couple staircases and come thru the football practice fields and you can get in a back door where they are checking tickets. Alternatively, you can cut thru the carter and come around to the front of the arena. Parking in the garage is a bit more congested, but you do not have the uphill walk to the arena to deal with.

If you come in the main entrance to the Arena, to your right there is they sell apparel, not sure if they have youth sizes or not. But I always think its worth the trip to the TCU Campus store if you have time! Also, one thing y'all might find cool is to check out the TCU Athletics trophies, history of many of the sports, and the uniform display for many of the different teams - it is really cool to check out for TCU fans!

Hope y'all have a great time and go frogs!

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
Park in one of the lots north of the stadium or on the street (I usually park on Highview Terrace off Cantey). You can probably move somewhere else if your seats aren't to your liking. Get there a little early and check out the TCU Hall of Fame (to the left after you enter) and there's a merchandise stand in the concourse to your right. Have fun!

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
For parking I reccomend either Lot 2 (football lot) or the Frog Alley parking garage. Both are about equal distance to the arena but are free parking. Lot 2 is a lot of uphill walking, but you go up a couple staircases and come thru the football practice fields and you can get in a back door where they are checking tickets. Alternatively, you can cut thru the carter and come around to the front of the arena. Parking in the garage is a bit more congested, but you do not have the uphill walk to the arena to deal with.

If you come in the main entrance to the Arena, to your right there is they sell apparel, not sure if they have youth sizes or not. But I always think its worth the trip to the TCU Campus store if you have time! Also, one thing y'all might find cool is to check out the TCU Athletics trophies, history of many of the sports, and the uniform display for many of the different teams - it is really cool to check out for TCU fans!

Hope y'all have a great time and go frogs!
Thank you! I am definitely taking him to the bookstore as well, but thought they might sell some merch on game days that they didn’t have over at the bookstore.

I’m so excited to be back in Texas so I can go to games again and share the experiences with my 2 sons!

WhatTheFrog

If the top row of the stadium is no issue, the stairs and walk from Lot 2 will be no problem. I use that lot for ease of entry/exit.

If you're interested in the player/coach statues, they are outside to the left of the main entrance to the arena. The horned frog statue is directly out front of the main entrance. It's a popular spot for photos.

tcudoc

As far as what to see, I think the lobby of the arena has a lot of cool displays and items of history for multiple sports. It’s been a while for me as well, but I recall there’s a lot of cool stuff to see there.