• The KillerFrogs

I guess this is to be expected

Panther City Frog

Wexahu

Not sure why they wouldn't wait until have the games have been played but the disrespect for TCU is in plain sight.

Don't have ESPN+. Where did they rank us? I see they had Michigan State #36.

Pretty easy solution to gaining respect though. Beat Michigan. And if you want even more respect, win the next game too.

I am more curious as to where they would insert 2014 TCU and Baylor in that list of 36.

I think we knew more of what that 2014 team was capable of if playing against the 2014 final four.

Last edited:

LisaLT

First, it's a bit ridiculous to "rank" games/teams that have yet to be played. Just silly.

Second, I disagree with his assessment of the 2020 Alabama team being the number one best team in a year where many teams played a partial schedule or had players sitting out due to covid. The 2019 LSU team led by Joe Burrow was far better. 15-0. Best overall team in the playoff era I think.

And lastly, Alabama 2022 - not in PLAYOFFS.

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

Last edited:

Eight

First, it's a bit ridiculous to "rank" games/teams that have yet to be played. Just silly.

Second, I disagree with his assessment of the 2020 Alabama being the number one best team in a year where many teams played a partial schedule or had players sitting out due to covid. The 2019 LSU team led by Joe Burrow was far better. 15-0. Best team in the playoff era I think.

And lastly, Alabama 2022 - not in PLAYOFFS.

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

from the same group that had the yankees rated as the best team in the american league so their credibility is already in tatters

Last edited:

hfhmilkman

Rankings by pundits is fun. Its fun because as fans we talk, analyze, and generate 100 times as much rhetoric as the length of the game. Those who want action or think they can make money find this important because they want to make the right bet. They do not care about respect. They just the most information in order to make a bet that is most likely to win. For a lot of folks who do not need action other than rooting for our teams, its just another angle.

I find this up coming game fascinating because of the contrast in styles. Showdowns between the traditional blue-bloods(Alabama, Clemson, OSU) are not as interesting they are essentially minor league pro teams that win on leveraging their talent superiority over everyone else. It is quite boring football.

So don't worry if someone does not have TCU ranked high in the all time list. The point is this game between UM and TCU like Boy Scouts will be fun.

Eight

Rankings by pundits is fun. Its fun because as fans we talk, analyze, and generate 100 times as much rhetoric as the length of the game. Those who want action or think they can make money find this important because they want to make the right bet. They do not care about respect. They just the most information in order to make a bet that is most likely to win. For a lot of folks who do not need action other than rooting for our teams, its just another angle.

I find this up coming game fascinating because of the contrast in styles. Showdowns between the traditional blue-bloods(Alabama, Clemson, OSU) are not as interesting they are essentially minor league pro teams that win on leveraging their talent superiority over everyone else. It is quite boring football.

So don't worry if someone does not have TCU ranked high in the all time list. The point is this game between UM and TCU like Boy Scouts will be fun.

who is worried?