• The KillerFrogs

"I don't know"?!

texas_sicilian

How's he supposed to know? If they gave a Heisman for practice, apparently TB would be a contender. All that matters is what they do in games. TB has never consistently put together anything close to good QB play, Joeckel has played 2 quarters and some change of college football, and the rest have never taken a snap above the HS level. Hopefully at least one of them will figure it out.

texas_sicilian

More Frogs the Better said:
How's he supposed to know? If they gave a Heisman for practice, apparently TB would be a contender. All that matters is what they do in games. TB has never consistently put together anything close to good QB play, Joeckel has played 2 quarters and some change of college football, and the rest have never taken a snap above the HS level. Hopefully at least one of them will figure it out.

I guess I was expecting more of a positive slant. Maybe like, "we've got so much potential in our QB talent, it is going to be a tough call who will take the reigns" - as opposed to, "in a QB roster six people deep, we don't know if we really have anyone fit for the task".

hometown frog

His coach speak fits his persona. Nobody has proven anything until they do it games each season. They are all paper tigers at this point. So he's being honest when he's answering the question. (And i think also sending a message to his team that nobody has won anything yet)

2012 Baylor says hi...
Did you see the word "consistently" in that portion of the post? It was a great game but one game against one of the worst defenses in the FBS doesn't amount to consistency. Maybe you and I have a different understanding of that word.

ftwfrog

Boykin4Prez said:

2012 Baylor says hi...
I think you missed the word, "consistently"

We won't know until game one who our starting QB is. If we had the second coming of Roger Staubach, GP wouldn't tell anyone if he was starting in week one. I love GP, but I'm not hanging on every word he says in July.

Stiff Arm Frog

It's Coach P. He knows what he's doing.

Honestly I'd be more worried if he were daisies and sunshine. When he's really pissed off and pessimistic, that's when we win games.

TCURiggs

texas_sicilian said:
I guess I was expecting more of a positive slant. Maybe like, "we've got so much potential in our QB talent, it is going to be a tough call who will take the reigns" - as opposed to, "in a QB roster six people deep, we don't know if we really have anyone fit for the task".
Unless you just started following TCU football and didn't know a thing about GP, I'm not sure why you'd be expecting a more positive slant. Welcome to Gary

FrogFrog

texas_sicilian said:
"I dont know", said TCU coach Gary Patterson when asked if he had right quarterback on campus to run the Spread.

Look, I know he can be coy, but we have SIX #%&$! QB's on our roster, several of which were highly sought after, and we're not sure if we have the right pieces...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/tcu-horned-frogs/20140721-tcu-shakes-things-up-on-offense-patterson-unsure-if-he-has-all-the-right-pieces.ece?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
tumblr_inline_mg4mbsjhfp1ry4qim.gif