• The KillerFrogs

I’m convinced

Frogs9080

Having future NFL fast behemoths chasing your arse might’ve contributed to his play a tad…
CJ stroud played the game of his life and they almost beat this same UGA team. We needed make to play at a similar level and he didn’t. There are contributing factors out of his control but it just wasn’t there unfortunately

Chongo94

This was embarrassing for the university and it's fans. Yes, they were the more talented team, but we gave up before the kickoff and it was truly pathetic. I love our boys for all they have done and credit where credit is due, but this was [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. That team was not ready, not coached, not prepped, no head in the game plain ass pathetic. Let's call a spade a spade. The players should have ran laps after the game. They should all revoke their eligibility to the pros and come back for next year. That was so bad that we will feel the damage and jokes for years, recruiting will now, not be better next year and the year after. Teams will score drop on us for years to come. All the work we did to prove people wrong was literally and harshly proven right beyond doubt in one simple game. We had our shot and we not only choked, we [ Finebaum ] the bed. All of you that are [ muschi ] footing around this are pathetic for not calling it out. This team needs to feel this so that they destroy people next year. We sucked worse than any other team in any other league of any championship in the world. That is how bad that was. No other championship was more lopsided.
Youre The Worst New York City GIF by HBO Max

Frogs1983

Max missed savion for a touchdown first play of the game, QJ for a touchdown on the INT, and ended the game with his INT before half. He is a warrior, but call a spade a spade
Max had a bad game, period. He even admitted it post game. Unfortunately, the rest of his teammates had their worst game as well.

Jax

I can copy and paste the exact response I gave to K-State fans after the shellacking we took in the Sugar Bowl, but just insert TCU for the Cats and Georgia for Alabama.

But similar points made was that I stopped watching both games before the 2nd quarter ended. The game was less about TCU, and more about Georgia. Where I heard Alabama was "the standard" in podcast before the game. I hear everyone referring to Georgia as the "new standard". As I surmised then, to me standard implies a minimum level to where everyone can get to. No one can get to and consistently maintain, the level of the Alabama or Georgia program. with a limited number of elite players to recruit. If those teams are getting a sufficient number of the elite players, that leaves the rest of the FBS to compete for the remaining talent.

For the past 15 years, Alabama has been head and shoulders above any program on a consistent basis. Georgia seems to be taking the mantle. As the announcers said during the Sugar Bowl, the same applies, there are only 1-2 programs in the country that can hang with Bama or Georgia and that is each other.

FrogCop19

That was so bad that we will feel the damage and jokes for years, recruiting will now, not be better next year and the year after.
I think this might not be as bad as you think re: recruiting. At least we played in the NC, which is more than any other school other than UG can say. And the fact that we did it with "low star" players will actually benefit us in the long run with recruits.
Teams will score drop on us for years to come.
And we will drop scoreboard them for years to come, because we beat all of them this year. ALL of them.
All the work we did to prove people wrong was literally and harshly proven right beyond doubt in one simple game. We had our shot and we not only choked, we [ Finebaum ] the bed. All of you that are [ muschi ] footing around this are pathetic for not calling it out. This team needs to feel this so that they destroy people next year. We sucked worse than any other team in any other league of any championship in the world. That is how bad that was. No other championship was more lopsided.

We played against a team that would have beaten 1/4 of the NFL the way they played last night. No team in the NCAA could have stood a chance. And don't come at me with their score against OSU or the other teams that gave them a run for their money. They played down to the level of their competition those nights, but last night they came out pissed off and ready to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they were the best team in the land. And they did. Decidedly.

We played scared and we bought into the hype that Georgia was the Juggernaut, but we don't suck. MAD MAX played the worst game of his career last night, but you know what? He played that game in the National frickin' Championship game, a place that he WILLED us to on multiple occasions during this undefeated regular season. And if Dykes had made the right choice and "Bush Pushed" him into the endzone during the BigXII championship game, we'd be the conference champs as well.

No excuses, last night was embarrassing. But it NOT a representation of our team this year. We've had a taste of the food at the "big boy" table now. I think we come out next year with a fire in our gut and steamroll everyone in the Big XII.

GO FROGS!

I can copy and paste the exact response I gave to K-State fans after the shellacking we took in the Sugar Bowl, but just insert TCU for the Cats and Georgia for Alabama.

But similar points made was that I stopped watching both games before the 2nd quarter ended. The game was less about TCU, and more about Georgia. Where I heard Alabama was "the standard" in podcast before the game. I hear everyone referring to Georgia as the "new standard". As I surmised then, to me standard implies a minimum level to where everyone can get to. No one can get to and consistently maintain, the level of the Alabama or Georgia program. with a limited number of elite players to recruit. If those teams are getting a sufficient number of the elite players, that leaves the rest of the FBS to compete for the remaining talent.

For the past 15 years, Alabama has been head and shoulders above any program on a consistent basis. Georgia seems to be taking the mantle. As the announcers said during the Sugar Bowl, the same applies, there are only 1-2 programs in the country that can hang with Bama or Georgia and that is each other.
Not possible but I wish recruiting was by region somehow. Must recruit all but 5? players from your state/ region. Spread the wealth and give a more local flavor - sort of like the old days at least in my mind. Hate how CFB is becoming a business and NFL minor league with NIL and portal. Head Coaches are more like GMs than coaches nowadays. Anyway I know we can’t get the innocence back and it was probably never really that innocent. But I will eventually lose interest in college sports just like I have in NFL, MLB etc….

Frogfam4

I have been a frog fan a long time, I graduated from TCU. For everyone to bash these guys after a loss is wrong. I am just as pissed as the next person, but all the bashing I have seen on here and other sites is stupid. These guys didn’t go to LA to take a vacation. They prepared, they just played terrible as an entire team. No run game, Max missing throws, didn’t tackle, coverage busts. I could go on. Georgia is a dang good team. I think maybe their play causes the frogs to look so bad. They are by far the best team in college football. People can “score drop” if they want to to the recruits, but they can’t say they ever played in the championship game let alone the CFP. This sucks I get it but it was not the frogs night. TCU will be back and have several more successful season because of this season.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
This was embarrassing for the university and it's fans. Yes, they were the more talented team, but we gave up before the kickoff and it was truly pathetic. I love our boys for all they have done and credit where credit is due, but this was [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. That team was not ready, not coached, not prepped, no head in the game plain ass pathetic. Let's call a spade a spade. The players should have ran laps after the game. They should all revoke their eligibility to the pros and come back for next year. That was so bad that we will feel the damage and jokes for years, recruiting will now, not be better next year and the year after. Teams will score drop on us for years to come. All the work we did to prove people wrong was literally and harshly proven right beyond doubt in one simple game. We had our shot and we not only choked, we [ Finebaum ] the bed. All of you that are [ muschi ] footing around this are pathetic for not calling it out. This team needs to feel this so that they destroy people next year. We sucked worse than any other team in any other league of any championship in the world. That is how bad that was. No other championship was more lopsided.
If I were you, I'd go look for another college team to support.

East Coast

Tier 1
Max missed savion for a touchdown first play of the game, QJ for a touchdown on the INT, and ended the game with his INT before half. He is a warrior, but call a spade a spade
Max was crushed for a 5 yard loss on a QB run on the first play. The QJ INT was all on Max. The INT before half we were already down 31-7 and he tried to squeeze it in to make something happen and it didn't work. C'est la vie. All I was trying to point out is the entire team, with the exception of our CB's, were overwhelmed the whole game. Ok, I will give Max 1/20th of the blame, but my goodness, the coaching staff was outsmarted too.

Frogs1983

The coaching dynamic of this team was awkward. I heard Sonny himself refer several times to it during the season. His approach seemed to be to let the senior players take the leadership role and guide the team's efforts, and the coaches focus on the more technical aspects of installing new systems. I think he even made one statement along the way of, "getting out of the players' way," or words to that effect.
It seemed logical enough given the newness of the relationship and you certainly had to say it worked for the majority of the season.
Unfortunately though, the senior player leaders, as good and talented and devoted as they may be, were not prepared for dealing with a battle of this magnitude. And really, no way they could be, they are just kids without a ton of experience, after all.
I think you have to say Sonny and staff let the team down. And I hate saying that because I love the guy and what he has done this year, but the milquetoast, "Have fun and do your job" approach clearly wasn't big enough to meet the moment. I have faith that he will learn from this, just as all the staff and players will. But as the feelings are still raw, I have to say. . .
Happy Sonny pisses me off.
It will be a learning experience hopefully for Sonny and his staff, as well as remaining Frog Players coming back next season. First time at the CFP. If there ever is a next time for TCU, hopefully adjustments will be made regarding preparation, strategy, expectations, etc.. Georgia was laser focused from opening kick off, on a mission to not only win the game, but to absolutely destroy the opponent in their way. TCU , not so much. Frogs seemed a little in awe of the situation from the start, a little wide eyed, as Sonny mentioned at half time.

FrogCop19

Not possible but I wish recruiting was by region somehow. Must recruit all but 5? players from your state/ region. Spread the wealth and give a more local flavor - sort of like the old days at least in my mind. Hate how CFB is becoming a business and NFL minor league with NIL and portal. Head Coaches are more like GMs than coaches nowadays. Anyway I know we can’t get the innocence back and it was probably never really that innocent. But I will eventually lose interest in college sports just like I have in NFL, MLB etc….
This was how that startup semi-pro league from a few years ago started up. They could only recruit from colleges in your "region" and it made it a LOT of fun to watch. I live in San Antonio, and there were three or four frogs on the SA Commanders team. I think that's a great idea for that level, but limiting where a kid can go to school is a bridge too far.

(Yes, I know you said it wasn't possible, but it made me think of that team and the couple of times I went to those games and it was fun...)

Eight

It will be a learning experience hopefully for Sonny and his staff, as well as remaining Frog Players coming back next season. First time at the CFP. If there ever is a next time for TCU, hopefully adjustments will be made regarding preparation, strategy, expectations, etc.. Georgia was laser focused from opening kick off, on a mission to not only win the game, but to absolutely destroy the opponent in their way. TCU , not so much. Frogs seemed a little in awe of the situation from the start, a little wide eyed, as Sonny mentioned at half time.

mentioned it before, but this game has been smart's focus since they won the title last year

everything they did in the offseason, in spring, the summer, fall camp, and through the season was to have his team peaking at game 15

compare that to what sonny and his staff have been doing since they came to tcu simply starting with keeping kids to not leave, to get buying to the offseason, to build trust.....

one program has the deepest roster in the country, committed a ton of resources to player development, and has been to the title game how many times and the other was going week to week in october and november

FrogCop19

First I say grats to the TCU football team. What they accomplished is 100 times greater than anything Georgia did. TCU captured what football is. That is competition, exceeding the sum of your parts, and exceeding expectations. Teams like TCU are great for college football. Individuals like Max Dugan are great for college football. I believe Max has a real shot to be an NFL QB. Nothing is guaranteed in a profession where so few succeed. In my opinion TCU are the bigger winners. Georgia is just a minor league professional team run by a 25 year old man who has the advantage of competing against kids. Georgia can never win more because the expectation is to win. Everything else is a failure from expectations.
If college football survives this period of change, it is because programs like TCU carried it through this time of uncertainty.
I appreciate you coming back and commenting, and the positive tone of your post to boot. Thanks, Milkman.

Also thanks for keeping it under 1000 characters. Almost.

;):p

StinnettFrog

That was a serious butt kicking. Still very proud of what these players accomplished. They had an amazing season. Disheartening to say the least that the game was over by halftime but definitely a new benchmark for future teams to shoot for and surpass. Go Frogs

Frogs1983

CJ stroud played the game of his life and they almost beat this same UGA team. We needed make to play at a similar level and he didn’t. There are contributing factors out of his control but it just wasn’t there unfortunately
Frogs shot their load against Michigan, had nothing left in the tank against Georgia. Georgia was going to win the game anyway, better talent overall, but Frogs perhaps could have lessened the beat down if they had anything left to offer at CFP Game. 15 games season, uncharted territory for this team, coaches. Live and learn hopefully for next time. Make the necessary corrections so you compete better next time.

Great season IMO. Having witnessed the 70's-90's version of TCU Football, unreal experience last night. This loss can either serve as a learning tool for future program growth, or derail the program back to mediocrity. I think Dykes and staff will learn from their mistakes and continue to grow the program.