• The KillerFrogs

How cold does the indoor practice facility get?

researchfrog

Does it get down to 20 degrees? Can it simulate wind from different directions or different kinds of precipitation?

If not, why not (aside from the cost)?

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Does it get down to 20 degrees? Can it simulate wind from different directions or different kinds of precipitation?

If not, why not (aside from the cost)?

With all the doors open, it will eventually reach the ambient outdoor temperature.

Sorry, no wind, no precip. It's a football practice facility...not a Hollywood special effects set.

LeagueCityFrog

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. We've had problems with Kansas because it's been freezing up there when we've played them last couple of times. Lizards don't do well in cold and neither does TCU football. See at WVU games for details. Barely won twice, blown out once.

TCU football is built for speed and Texas summer heat and wearing people out. The cold circumvents our plan.

I think looking to turn our practice facility into a meat locker in late October through November is a legit thought. Couldn't hurt.

We just need all the coaches and o line and qb to be laser focused the next three weeks and we will be right back on track. Last game will take care of itself and hopefully that beating is so bad it counts as two wins. If we do that, the team that wins bedlam is who we will see at Jerry's World. Win that and we are in.

LeagueCityFrog

I was at the KU game three years ago. The team was huddling in two pods on the side line at the bench. One offense and one defense by the heaters and I don't blame them. Our first game at WVU, I was also there. Double overtime thriller we barely won, it was freezing. Preparing for the cold does make a difference.

Pharm Frog

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. We've had problems with Kansas because it's been freezing up there when we've played them last couple of times. Lizards don't do well in cold and neither does TCU football. See at WVU games for details. Barely won twice, blown out once.

TCU football is built for speed and Texas summer heat and wearing people out. The cold circumvents our plan.

I think looking to turn our practice facility into a meat locker in late October through November is a legit thought. Couldn't hurt.

We just need all the coaches and o line and qb to be laser focused the next three weeks and we will be right back on track. Last game will take care of itself and hopefully that beating is so bad it counts as two wins. If we do that, the team that wins bedlam is who we will see at Jerry's World. Win that and we are in.

I was at a KU game in Lawrence when it was sunny and quite pleasant. Had some trouble that day (and lost a key RB if memory serves)