• The KillerFrogs

Hotels

LisaLT

I recommend the Camby, which is a former Ritz Carlton. Very nice Autograph collection hotel that is very conveniently located off Camelback Road.

froginmn

Team hotel in 2009 was the Princess
I stayed more or less across the street from where y'all were at a place called Xona Suites. Decent place and funny enough a good TCU friend turned out to be managing the place. Just about [ Finebaum ] my pants when I saw his name on a board there (I knew he was in the hospitality business and figured it was him).

We wandered over to the Princess one morning and saw GMFP leading the team out on some excursion (probably practice but who knows).

LVH

I stayed more or less across the street from where y'all were at a place called Xona Suites. Decent place and funny enough a good TCU friend turned out to be managing the place. Just about [ Finebaum ] my pants when I saw his name on a board there (I knew he was in the hospitality business and figured it was him).

We wandered over to the Princess one morning and saw GMFP leading the team out on some excursion (probably practice but who knows).
What was disappointing about the Fiesta Bowl was that outside of a trip to Fogo de Chao on New Year's Day, there were no other planned team activities that the bowl put together. So it most likely had to have been a practice.

For the Poinsettia Bowl and Rose Bowl, it seemed like we had a team activity every day. In San Diego we went to the zoo one day, an indoor go kart track one day, the USS Midway one day. Rose Bowl, we had a bowling alley rented out for us on Christmas Day, Disneyland the day after, Lawry's, a comedy club, Clippers game.

A whole lotta free time for the Fiesta Bowl trip.

Latest posts