• The KillerFrogs

Horns: Big 12 stars reflect on their high school recruitments (Free)

CryptoMiner

https://247sports.com/college/texas...-on-their-high-school-recruitments-133688666/

What would you do differently?

“Not one thing at all. I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and stuff like that you’ve just got to embrace. I was committed to Texas Tech, then I committed to Oklahoma, and then I committed to TCU. You have to explore your options, especially when you have plenty of options. You have to embrace the recruitment, because it’s your recruitment and nobody else is doing it.” – TCU wide receiver Jalen Reagor

“I think I handled it well. The way I did recruiting, I wanted to be a person who stayed in Texas. I didn’t want to go far away from my family. I’m glad and I’m blessed with the choice. I’m glad to be here, and I’m glad to be a Horned Frog.” – TCU defensive tackle Ross Blacklock

“I guess I would have maybe took more official visits. I only took one official visit to TCU, and I was just sold on that one. You take the trips and it’s just like free visits. It’s like a free vacation, so take all of those.” – TCU safety Innis Gaines

What was your favorite part of the recruiting process?

“Meeting the coaches and building relationships. Just building with each other and making sure that was the place for me to be.” – Jalen Reagor

“The best part was probably the visits. Being able to go see other schools and what they have to offer that’s different.” – Ross Blacklock

“I enjoyed actually getting scholarships and knowing that my work is being recognized and my mom won’t have to pay for school and stuff.” – Innis Gaines

What was your least favorite part about the recruiting process?

“All the mail. It gets annoying sometimes because you have coaches steady calling you, but then you’ve got to think about the people in the world who wish they were in your position. It just makes you embrace it.” – Jalen Reagor

“Maybe just trying to make a decision. All these guys get all these schools to be able to go to. You can only pick one at the end of the day. The night before I committed, I didn’t know where I was going to go to school to.” – Ross Blacklock

“The phone calls. Getting called at all hours of the day by different coaches and stuff. It’s a lot. I’m not going to lie, but it’s part of the game.” – Innis Gaines

What one piece of advice would you give to someone starting their process?

“Stay off social media. I would just honestly say stay off of it. That’s where most people get caught up in the recruitment. Fans and people are cruel. You could be committed to a school for a whole year, and the one time you give them any kind of feeling that you’re going somewhere else or take a visit they hate you.” – Jalen Reagor

“I’d say trust the process. I remember I didn’t get any offers, and I was wondering when they were coming in. They came when they came. Just be patient, always be humble.” – Ross Blacklock

“Just enjoy it. Take it all in. It’s a once in a lifetime type thing. You get recruited for things rarely in life. It’s pretty nice, so I’d take that whole trip again and do it differently. I’d just want to get the most out of it.” – Innis Gaines