• The KillerFrogs

Heard on radio Notre Dame to ACC possible

angelo's frog

I heard on the radio this a.m. that Notre Dame is seriously reconsidering being an independent and that if they choose to go to a conference, the ACC is their preferred destination. I think it was Jr Miller who said it. It makes sense because the ACC is the league with the most private schools similar to Notre Dame (Syracuse, Duke, Wake, Miami) and very good public schools like UNC, Pitt, Ga Tech, etc. I think it fits their academic profile better than the Big 10 even though it's not the best geographical fit. This could cause UT to choose the ACC over the the Pac-12 which could be good for us or maybe it could be bad for us. I just really don't know anymore but it could be a game changer either way.

Look, no one loves the Ticket more than I do. I've been a day one P1. I was a sophmore in HS and sick that day they went on the air. However, if you're looking for people who have a cue about anything other than the Cowboys, Macs, or Rangers you're not going to get it from the Ticket. Norm is about the only one I don't have to email to correct misinformation. I feel bad for doing it but newspapers have ombudsmans...why is radio exempt? Now this isn't anything factual that can be corrected but in the whole college realignment thing they've gotten 100% of their information from ESPN and have been too lazy to do a little extra research.

BABYFACE

I always felt cultural wise that the ACC was a good fit for TCU. I can see why ND would consider the ACC for the same reasons.