• The KillerFrogs

Have these urban legends survived with today's students?

BABYFACE

I've known Brad for years, his cousin married one of my best friends. Midget Village was just an urban legend concerning the sprawling Howell estate. There was a tiny "Cape Cod" chapel built there to hold family functions (like my friend's wedding). There was also a small building (garage?) that had a gas pump for all of the Howell vehicles that probably looked like a small gas station. I think they had a coke machine out front too so that added to the look unintentionally. There were several other small buildings like a horse barn and riding stable if I remember correctly and several additional homes built on the estate for family members. I remember seeing it for the first time after having heard of the legend for years and although everything was quite cute (or quaint really), I remember thinking "is that all?".

Small world. Ha, in more ways than one.

zfrawg

That dude would sit in the laundry mat across from Sonic and watch Telemundo for hours on out. He would laugh at parts and get real into it.

Never saw this guy around TCU but for the past 6 years a guy fitting this description perfectly walked by my old house on Odessa Ave near South Hills Elementary every night around 8:30-9:00. Even saw him one evening on the south side of I-20 near Trail Lake.

tcuhf93

It is now legal to hunt Lake Worth Monster, or any bigfoot species in the state of Texas now.

True. But there are posted signs all over the city parks around the Lake declaring that it is illegal to molest the alligators. Go figure.....

The Lake Worth Monster is equally deserving of protection from molestation.

count_biffula

I've known Brad for years, his cousin married one of my best friends. Midget Village was just an urban legend concerning the sprawling Howell estate. There was a tiny "Cape Cod" chapel built there to hold family functions (like my friend's wedding). There was also a small building (garage?) that had a gas pump for all of the Howell vehicles that probably looked like a small gas station. I think they had a coke machine out front too so that added to the look unintentionally. There were several other small buildings like a horse barn and riding stable if I remember correctly and several additional homes built on the estate for family members. I remember seeing it for the first time after having heard of the legend for years and although everything was quite cute (or quaint really), I remember thinking "is that all?".

http://www.uer.ca/forum_showthread_archive.asp?fid=3&threadid=80598