• The KillerFrogs

Has #19 Jimmy Young played at all tonight?

nope, he hasn't played in any of the preseason. My guess it they will cut him and then resign him to the practice team. Too many WRs in Chicago Bears camp. With Roy Williams and Sam Hurd joining they don't have room for many WRs.

I don't understand Chicago Bears anyway especially their WR position. I would think you would want to play as many of these rookies at least in the 4th quarter to see what you have. All I have heard is amazing things about Jimmy Young yet he won't even get a chance....well at least right now.

TCUFrogs

Yah, I thought maybe in the 4th quarter at least. But instead it was some guy #18 out there. The Bears didn't look very good. Too bad if Jimmy doesn't get a chance to play on the regular roster.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
The Bears have a long history of failed WR's. The next chapter in that saga is Roy Willie. If they had 45 guys like him on the team, they would go 0-45. :laugh:

asleep003

Unfortunately, there were 14 recievers for Chicago with at least 1 reception and none were Jimmy. Hopefully it's due to a minor injury and will get more game time next week.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
nope, he hasn't played in any of the preseason. My guess it they will cut him and then resign him to the practice team. Too many WRs in Chicago Bears camp. With Roy Williams and Sam Hurd joining they don't have room for many WRs.

I don't understand Chicago Bears anyway especially their WR position. I would think you would want to play as many of these rookies at least in the 4th quarter to see what you have. All I have heard is amazing things about Jimmy Young yet he won't even get a chance....well at least right now.

So far he hasn't even been the best UDFA WR in camp - that designation has gone to Dane Sanzenbacher of Ohio State. And right now he's only the #6 WR on the depth chart. And Kris Adams of UTEP has also been ahead of him.

Unfortunately, there were 14 recievers for Chicago with at least 1 reception and non were Jimmy. Hopefully it's due to a minor injury and will get more game time next week.

He's not injured. He's just not been good enough in practice. Right now he's not even listed as 4th string. Doubtful he even gets signed to the practice squad at this point.

An-Cap Frog

Jimmy has not played one snap in pre-season and it looks like the last WR spot will be taken by Dane Sanzenbacher. I expect Jimmy to be released on August 30th.