• The KillerFrogs

Happy Fourth of July

FrogAbroad

A lot of holidays are portable and can be celebrated just about anywhere. But the Fourth, outside the US (since '79), just isn't the same.

Whether you're in the US or elsewhere, FrogAbroad wishes everyone a Happy Fourth of July.

SuperToad

Im super angry. I'm down here in SEC country (Florida) and fireworks are banned everywhere here!! Someone please save me.

I think ill spend the 4th doing this the whole day...

gifangrydome.gif

tcumaniac

my grandpa bought me and my family tickets to Concert in the Gardens which is probably the best firework show in fort worth, but i have to work. #awesome

asleep003

A lot of holidays are portable and can be celebrated just about anywhere. But the Fourth, outside the US (since '79), just isn't the same.

Whether you're in the US or elsewhere, FrogAbroad wishes everyone a Happy Fourth of July.

Spent 9 4ths while living Overseas and 4 while travelling out of the country... the best one I had was in Singapore... a good 4th to you too FrogAbroad!!

Cheers!!

Opintel

Moderators
I celebrated the 4th, and Bastille Day (joint party) in Cannes, while our ship was in port there. Paid for by the city of Cannes, and our Department Of State...nice. :biggrin:

Happy Independence Day to all!

FrogAbroad

A few years ago sports writer Peter King met and became friends with Sgt. Mick McGuire, US Army. From time to time Mike contributes to King's Monday Morning Quarterback column, a contribution I always look forward to.

Today the column is all Mike's and it's a darned good read. I just finished it, and I'm hoping no one asks me to say anything for a few minutes. I don't think the lump in my throat would let the words out.

And to all you Horned Frogs who have served in the military, in whatever capacity...thank you.

1st Sgt. Mike McGuire

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
A few years ago sports writer Peter King met and became friends with Sgt. Mick McGuire, US Army. From time to time Mike contributes to King's Monday Morning Quarterback column, a contribution I always look forward to.

Today the column is all Mike's and it's a darned good read. I just finished it, and I'm hoping no one asks me to say anything for a few minutes. I don't think the lump in my throat would let the words out.

And to all you Horned Frogs who have served in the military, in whatever capacity...thank you.

1st Sgt. Mike McGuire

Really excellent column - wish all Americans would read it. I was stationed overseas twice so missed the 4th of July excitement a few times. So tonight I'll be at the city of Kyle fireworks and I know I'll be thinking of Sgt. McGuire and the other men and women keeping our country safe and free. Happy 4th!

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
In London with my family for our Griswold European vacation. They don't celebrate the 4th of July here. I think that they think it was just a fluke.

Opintel

Moderators
Just read the column...thank you, FA. The link will be forwarded to a few who will appreciate it.

God bless America, and all who protect her.
Roy

ricksterh

Thanks Frog Abroad. Semper Fi from here for all to have a great 4th celebration.

It's been a great day down here in the RGV. This morning we had a parade around my little subdivision with golf carts, cars, trucks and bikes all decorated in the red white and blue. Aftr the parade they served free watermelon, hot dogs and soft drinks.

Tonightit's across the street for chicken and beef Mexican food and drinks and a live band. It doesn't get much better than this. Happy 4th to all. :biggrin:

BleedNPurple

1st Sgt. Mike McGuire

Thanks Frog Abroad - I read this to the family following the University Park Parade in Dallas. I almost got through it all before I choked up! Thank you for sharing this and Happy Fourth to Frogs all over the planet!