• The KillerFrogs

Gwinett: No. 9 Oklahoma seeks defensive progress at TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Gwinett: No. 9 Oklahoma seeks defensive progress at TCU

Something figures to have to give on Saturday when No. 9 Oklahoma plays at TCU in Fort Worth, Texas.

It'll be the first game for the Sooners (5-1, 2-1 Big 12) since the firing of defensive coordinator Mike Stoops in the wake of Oklahoma's 48-45 loss to Texas on Oct. 6.

"I'm really interested in how we're going to play this weekend, because it's either going to go really good or really bad and I'm leaning toward really good so I know I'm excited for myself," Oklahoma senior linebacker Curtis Bolton said. "I know my teammates are excited."

While the Sooners have experienced turmoil on the defensive side, TCU (3-3, 1-2) has struggled to find much of a rhythm on the offensive side lately.

Read more at https://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/...cle_d8ed6d5a-a914-5fd4-b0dd-6d71713bdbcd.html

Seems Oklahoma is eager and getting excited to play TCU . Hope our guys are eager to play Oklahoma and show that fire on Saturday. We never know because most reports from the local media are about commits leaving and doom than the big game versus OU.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU's local media never pumps sunshine in hard times or brings any hype for TCU. See how OU gets all this hope from local media. It's nice.
Different audience targets. Oklahoma is made up of mostly rabid Sooners so the media plays to them. Here, they play to the masses of the other big state schools. Winning helps control the message as well.

pgdaly84

If you’re looking to have a defensive turnaround then playing our offense seems to help. Just hoping to see some improvement from the offense this week. Even two turnovers would be a step in the right direction.