• The KillerFrogs

"GUYS" What is the difference between A METAL BAT @ A WOODEN BAT?

Frogster

After all "FROGGIES" this is a"PRETTY" important part of the game-- There isn't a different basketball in college and the pros. In football there isn't a different yard marker or ball. :blush: In soccer nothing is different,in GOLF nothing is different!! :unsure: :unsure: :wacko: WHAT THE "HECK IS THIS ABOUT!! METAL BATS "SUCK"!!! :angry: :angry: Your Buddy Robert C. Spencer Class of '71 (TCU QB IN MY DREAMS)ZZZ

MO Frogs

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jun 7 2010, 11:54 PM) [snapback]570819[/snapback]
You obviously do not know the benefit of a composite handle vs alloy but enjoyed your little rant.

You "obviously" dont understand the definition of scarcasm and it "obviously" dosnt suprise me!

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(MO Frogs @ Jun 7 2010, 02:30 PM) [snapback]570536[/snapback]
They may get a few but its not uncommong for MLB hitters to play an entire season with the same bat.

That's the least accurate thing that's ever been typed on this board.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 7 2010, 08:47 PM) [snapback]570898[/snapback]

It must be schtick ... why else would someone write that?

Frogster

"FROGGIES" My opinion hasn't changed --METAL BATS SUUCK!!! IF I WAS GOING TO USE A metal bat I would play with the "GIRLS" in SOFTBALL!! BUT I would rather play with them in the "DUGOUT!! :rolleyes: ME BAD. :unsure: Your Buddy Robert C. Spencer Class of '71 (TCU QB IN MY DREAMS)ZZZ

MO Frogs

QUOTE(Purpletoad @ Jun 8 2010, 12:31 AM) [snapback]570835[/snapback]
Just curious. My son and I were trying to figure the size bats college players use - Are they 2 1/4 or 2 5/8.

My son uses a 2 1/4 composite barrel and a 2 5/8 composite handle with alloy barrel (depending on league he's playing). Both have lots of pop. The composite barrel get's "hotter" the more it breaks down and the rebound increases. NCAA probably banned them because of the popularity of rolling them with some hot hitting teams (ie. think fresno used them). They crack very easily and are fairly expensive to replace.

Yup 2 5/8 is the max diameter they can use.

Technically the players can use any darn bat they want as long as it has passed the NCAA testing standards. They are also free to use wooden bats if they like! The material its made out of dosnt make a difference its just a matter of the composite bats not meeting the standarts testing that NCAA subjects them to and as you mention their performance can change over time.

You know there are ways and Im sure there are colleges who do things to alter there aluminium bats too, shaving, cold rolling, freezing, heating blah blah blah!

The big difference in NCAA and a lots of HS and little leauge bats is the ratio. NCAA bats must be drop 3 and a lot of little leauge bats are drop 10 and 11.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 7 2010, 08:47 PM) [snapback]570898[/snapback]

Maybe he was referring to some NL pitchers ...