• The KillerFrogs

Griffin Going Pro

HFrog1999

While he definately should go pro, I still think TCU beats Baylor next year even with Griffin and it'd be more fun to see him lose to TCU again.

Houston Frog

Baylor Law doesn't admit part time, first year law students.

That's why he was applying for a special exemption. He was hoping they would make an exception, being a Heisman winner and all

If it was TCU's star QB applying for an exemption in a similar circumstance, I'd be through the bleeping roof if we didn't grant it to him

BoydAveFrogFan

Is he still eligible?

He finished is degree in 3 years and I was under the impression that he will complete his masters in May. If thats the case, what else can he work on to meet the minimum classroom requirements?

I'm impressed he has undergrade + masters in 4 years. That is tough to do in and by itself. Regardless if he enters draft this year he will do well in the path he chooses.

froginaustin

That's why he was applying for a special exemption. He was hoping they would make an exception, being a Heisman winner and all

If it was TCU's star QB applying for an exemption in a similar circumstance, I'd be through the bleeping roof if we didn't grant it to him

Any law school that would waive an absolute requirement of full time attendance for first year students because of an applicant's celebrity deserves the hit it would no doubt take, to its academic reputation.

Law schools follow practices that are different from other academic programs.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Any law school that would waive an absolute requirement of full time attendance for first year students because of an applicant's celebrity deserves the hit it would no doubt take, to its academic reputation. Law schools follow practices that are different from other academic programs.
I'm sure this guy would take it under advisement.....
clip_image002_207.gif

BleedNPurple

Any law school that would waive an absolute requirement of full time attendance for first year students because of an applicant's celebrity deserves the hit it would no doubt take, to its academic reputation.

Law schools follow practices that are different from other academic programs.

I think there is more to this than celebrity status. RGIII is obviously an outstanding student and overachiever - if anyone would deserve this consideration it would be him. Baylor knows his academic credentials and given his talents I would imagine the Dean of the Law School could make an exception. There would be no academic hit to their law school- that's silly!

halfwaytoheaven

The economics and injury issues probably make this a good move for RGIII. He always has Matt Purke to look at as a model for what unforeseen circumstances can do to a pro contract.

Or he can just look at his right knee:

scaled_php.jpg

Honestly, I hope he comes back. We need another shot at that guy.

Huh? Logan Brock has eligibility left?

Please tell me I missed the sarcasm button and you're not that dense.

Yes, Logan said he has some inside info that he's coming back. You guys are amazing...for the last month you've been sniffing his male bottom and now you're giving him the Keenum/Ramon Flannigan treatment. I hope he stays. We'll go back to Waco with an improved CP3 and overall better team and take care of unfinished business.

Logan said he never saw Boyce as a D1 player when he was there (I believe Logan was a SR when Josh was a soph) but where he is now is a testiment to how hard he has worked and his character.

Greg McCoy's interview was particularly touching. He talked about how the odds were against him but he believed in himself and enough people at TCU did as well and he couldn't have done it without them. He basically echoed the words of Gardener after the UNLV game when he said GP is the best at making men out of boys. He even thanked the SID and said he learned from Cohn how to conduct interviews. I don't think I've ever heard any athlete say that. It was one of those things that should make all of us proud to be a part of this university.