• The KillerFrogs

Griffin Going Pro

Frog DJ

Please tell me I missed the sarcasm button and you're not that dense.

Yes, Logan said he has some inside info that he's coming back. You guys are amazing...for the last month you've been sniffing his male bottom and now you're giving him the Keenum/Ramon Flannigan treatment. I hope he stays. We'll go back to Waco with an improved CP3 and overall better team and take care of unfinished business.

Logan said he never saw Boyce as a D1 player when he was there (I believe Logan was a SR when Josh was a soph) but where he is now is a testiment to how hard he has worked and his character.

Greg McCoy's interview was particularly touching. He talked about how the odds were against him but he believed in himself and enough people at TCU did as well and he couldn't have done it without them. He basically echoed the words of Gardener after the UNLV game when he said GP is the best at making men out of boys. He even thanked the SID and said he learned from Cohn how to conduct interviews. I don't think I've ever heard any athlete say that. It was one of those things that should make all of us proud to be a part of this university.
Amen!

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

South Texas Frog

Really? I bet they would be giddy with glee to have a classmate like RGIII.

Highly unlikely - have you ever been around Baylor Law kids? They are some of the biggest nerds around (there are exceptions of course) and probably would raise quite a stink about it. Remember...plenty of 1Ls at Baylor Law that didn't go to Baylor undergrad and probably couldn't give two chits about RGIII, especially if he's getting some sort of special treatment.

Bottom line - if this guy just REAAALLLY wants to go to law school, then play out your NFL career, make millions and then sit for the LSAT and apply to law school. No brainer IMO.

YA

Law school is ultra competitive. Class rank means better jobs and pay. Giving special status to another student means it messes with that class rank. I don't know of many, if any, students who would willing give a pass to him just because he wants to play a sport

South Texas Frog

Law school is ultra competitive. Class rank means better jobs and pay. Giving special status to another student means it messes with that class rank. I don't know of many, if any, students who would willing give a pass to him just because he wants to play a sport

Exactly

Frog DJ

Personally, I'd like to see TCU get another shot at RGIII and BU next year, but how could he possibly position himself any better for the NFL Draft?

I suppose he could lead the Bears to the national championship game, but who really believes that's a reasonable goal for Baylor, next year?

Not that he'll be chosen #1, but if he needs any proof I just have two words for him: Matt Leinart.

Going pro is a no-brainer for RGIII, and I hope his advisors are telling him that over and over.

If they're not, he should find new advisors.

He can make millions of dollars today, and use them to establish his law practice, later.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

Opintel

Moderators
Curt...

Was Curt from Baylor?

Wouldn't skipping the NFL draft, and millions of dollars, to take a big gamble that you'd break even (or under, IMO) by staying in school (if it's even possible), be pulling a gigantic "Curt"?

Isn't RG Tweee(!)...supposed to be smart? :unsure:

He's gone.