• The KillerFrogs

Great news for SOS: Baylor ranked in both polls

weklfrog

It helps us this year but gives them ammo in head-to-head recruiting battles against them in coming years.

baylor is much improved but could end up losing the rest of their games -- ut, aggie, ou and okie light. On the other hand, they have some momentum and confidence and could win a few more. Other than k-st yesterday, baylor has not beaten a good team, got killed by us and lost to a very mediocre tech team. And while k-st mioght be good, they haven't beaten anyone any good either. baylor goes on the road this week to play ut who, although not the horns of old, will be looking for redemption losing to i-st. They then go on the road to Stillwater to face a superior okie light team. aggie at home is their best chance of another win. aggie hasn't beaten anyone worth a spit but their losses are all to good teams - ark, okie light, and mizz so it is hard to see how bad or good they might be in comparison to baylor. Don't see the bears closing out the season with a win over ou.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Anyone else watch "Boardwalk Empire" on HBO, the show about prohibition-era Atlantic City, NJ?

I'd love 'em to sneak in a line about TCU and Baylor being the best teams in Texas.

(I know, it won't happen, but fun to think about.)

LVfrog

Good for our SOS but Baylor is the most overrated team around. Are they really one of the 25 best teams in America? I say hell no.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Good for our SOS but Baylor is the most overrated team around. Are they really one of the 25 best teams in America? I say hell no.
Man, you sound like my wife. She's incensed that Big 12 Baylor is ranked so high.

I say enjoy the fact that we stomped a ranked team.

Stiff Arm Frog

I doubt it will help out strength of schedule much. Baylor was overrated before they were ranked. Although they are 6-2, the teams they have played include Sam Houston, Rice, Buffalo, and Kansas. On a side note, aren't these the same people who always run down TCU over our schedule strength?

Anyway, against decent teams Baylor is 2-2. I can't imagine they will beat either OU, Okie State, or even ut, the teams we need them to beat to help us. They will probably beat A&M, which is fine with me since the Bears and Aggies are just different varieties of crazy, but again, it doesn't really do anything for us.

My bet is they finish 7-5 and unranked. All this does is give is allow their deluded fans to continue being deluded.

Goodnight

An 8-4 finish would be very good for us... I think they can do it. Baylor's "defense" is very bad but their offense will help them beat A&M and one of the Okahoma/Oklahoma State/Texas combo.

BearNaked

Everyone knows that our game against you was a fluke- Offense had a bad day. The polls are giving the word Leapfrog a new meaning! Michigan State is coming....

Baylor will beat the Aggies, but will get mudholed by Texas and OU. Baylor picked a bad time to face Texas right after a loss to Iowa State. It's going to get ugly. 49-14, maybe.

OU will slaughter Baylor about 66-10. Okie State will beat Baylor in a shootout, something like 52-45.

So for now, Baylor helps our SOS, but that will go away soon.

Frog Brother

Everyone knows that our game against you was a fluke- Offense had a bad day. The polls are giving the word Leapfrog a new meaning! Michigan State is coming....

If TCU played an entire 12 game schedule with Baylor as our only opponent, TCU would end the year 12-0 and rank about 23rd. We would be punished for playing such a weak, crappy schedule.

FrogFrog

It's good for at least a week. National media has an opportunity to point out what we did to #24 Baylor.

Enjoy it while it lasts...

It's good for at least a week. National media has an opportunity to point out what we did to #24 Baylor.

Enjoy it while it lasts...

What makes you think the National Media is going to do that.

I will say that, if Baylor had any defense at all, they would be a pretty good team.

BABYFACE

A fluke is barely lossing, which the Bears did not. Baylor got hammered. TCU could hung more on the Bears if the Frogs kept running their normal offense. Instead, TCU ran up the middle for the most of the 2nd half. I am not in to calling people names but some of you Baylor fans are serious delusional dumbarses.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
When did RG III start posting here? Getting beat 45-10 is never a fluke. The reasons offenses have a bad day is the defense they are playing against. Seeing as Baylor has not faced another team with a decent defense, don't be surprised to see another "Fluke" soon. I hope Baylor keeps winning, but know it won't happen. When your big wins are against K-State and the Buffs, with a loss to unranked TTU, you have no reason to expect to be ranked.

Frostie

Have you ever seen a cat pawing a dead mouse, that is probably the best way of describing the game..

Mike Brooks

If Briles is smart (oxymoron?) he will contact every recruit UT and OU (and maybe even OSU) and tell them Baylor is not interested and make it public. Otherwise they will get the "Upstart" treatment. Especially from Stoops. He wont pull off the dogs for an entire half like GP did. Mack, if capable will do the same.

They better be good but I simply see a FLUKE of scheduling. Their Big 12 wins are against some of the absolute worst teams in the country. Especially defensively.

TCUFrogs

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Baylor win 2 more games. It will just take two teams whose defense is subpar on that day. UT, OU, OSU, Aggies