• The KillerFrogs

Governor Perry says Ags are talking with SEC

NubomTurk

Tier 1
guys quit turning every post into a tech debate, it really just shows your jealousy
OKAY, THAT'S IT!

WHO ARE YOU, RODDOG?

THE ABOVE POST IS SO LAUGHABLE THAT YOU MUST BE A REGULAR POSTER / HORNED FROG FAN POSING AS A MORONIC TECH FAN JUST TO YANK EVERYONE'S CHAIN!

Whew! Let me catch my breath...

Seriously, roddog, that last post was so ridiculous that it tipped your hand. Who are you? 2314? Steel? Top? FOAP? You're not the maniac; he's not that diabolical (yet.)

The "ironie" post was great work, by the way. I wish I were half that funny.

This is all some brilliant ruse to kill time before the season starts. Well, I have only one thing to say:

clap...clap...clap...clap...

AggieAngst

Dont worry too much about ACC stealing BIG EAST teams. ACC currently pays each team about $ 12 million per team. The new BIG EAST deal is rumored to be a possible $20 mil per team. The terror of ACC stealing BIG EAST teams is waaaaay waaaay overplayed. Not sure any BIG EAST team would go - particularly if KANSAS and MIZZOU and KANSAS ST come aboard. Those three might put the BIG EAST per team revenue somewhere north of $22 million per team.

So you are saying a team will leave $22 mil a year in order to go to an ACC $ 12 mil per year? I dont think so !!

AND....THE ACC $ 12 MILLION PER TEAM CONTRACT HAS 10 MORE YRS TO RUN !!!!

And.....you also may not be aware that BOSTON COLLEGE is not happy in the ACC and has spoken to the BIG EAST. A move isnt imminent, but it is very well known that BC isnt happy in the ACC and would prefer the BIG EAST if revenues were equal or better in the BIG EAST.

BOSTON COLLEGE thinks they would have much more in common (especially in basketball) with UConn, Rutgers, Pitt and Syracuse than they do with MIAMI, FLORIDA ST, and GEORGIA TECH.

So....with the possible addition of KANSAS, MIZZOU, and KANSAS ST (and BC) to the Big East, I doubt any other Big East team would be at all interested in jumping to an inferior ACC especially for less money and especially with an already fabulous Big East basketball lineup that just added KANSAS.

Couch potato fans who post constantly about how the Big East is likely to be gutted by the ACC are very poorly informed on revenues and Big East potential members.

We need to care. If A$M goes to SEC and they take an ACC school, then ACC may raid Big East for more than one team to go 14. This would really hurt Big East and our plans.

Trelvis

Dont know how legit this site is, but...

http://www.iamthe12thman.com/2011/8/10/2356379/latest-secede-rumors
Just received a phone call from a source that has been very reliable in the past. I was told that A&M will make an announcement that they will leave the Big 12 and join SEC some time before September 1st. So much for waiting until the spring. I assumed the timetable would be pushed up because with the mainstream media coverage something was going to have to happen sooner rather than later. This is the first time I have been given a date. Received an e-mail from a friend who has good sources inside the state capital. There will be no roadblocks from the state legislature to A&M joining the SEC. To be frank, the legislature will not be in session until after the election and they have more important things to worry about anyways. The governor is on board with A&M joining the SEC and even if he was not, he is too busy with preparing for a run at the presidency to worry about collegiate athletics.

star-divide.v777cf8a.jpg

Evidently tu has tried to convince the other schools in the Big 12 to keep this thing together after A&M leaves. They promised to share revenue from the LHN while they find someone to replace A&M. Texas Tech told them in no uncertain terms that Tech would not be sticking around once A&M left. Tech was not too happy with tu and ESPN's attempt to strong arm them into letting the LHN televise the Tech-tu game. I expect Tech, OU, and OSU to join the PAC 12. Now you are all as up to date as I am. I expect Chip Brown to tweet all this information in about four weeks since that appears to be his M.O.

roddog

Banned
Dont worry too much about ACC stealing BIG EAST teams. ACC currently pays each team about $ 12 million per team. The new BIG EAST deal is rumored to be a possible $20 mil per team. The terror of ACC stealing BIG EAST teams is waaaaay waaaay overplayed. Not sure any BIG EAST team would go - particularly if KANSAS and MIZZOU and KANSAS ST come aboard. Those three might put the BIG EAST per team revenue somewhere north of $22 million per team.

by rumors do you have links or is it just the voices inside of your head

love the figures you pulled out of your arse if they add 3 other teams!

roddog

Banned
It wouldn't surprise me to see Dodds Beebe replace A&M with UofH - but the Big 12 is still just a house of cards.

heard the houston rumor as well, also heard from some ut blowhards that if anm leaves they will court notre dame into starting a premier conference with whats left of the big 12

also heard that talks were still ongoing with tech, ut, ou and xerox state still going to the pac 10

NubomTurk

Tier 1
heard the houston rumor as well, also heard from some ut blowhards that if anm leaves they will court notre dame into starting a premier conference with whats left of the big 12

also heard that talks were still ongoing with tech, ut, ou and xerox state still going to the pac 10
Oh, jeez... You're AGGIEANGST, TOO, AREN'T YOU???

Well. Played. Sir.

Salfrog

Tier 1

Roddog, with all of the arguing, finger pointing, name calling, and etc. aside. What do you really think will happen to Tech & the Big12-10 if A&M does leave the conference? Not starting an argument, just a curious observeration.

AggieAngst

This is a big boy board RodPuppy !! You have to pull yer big boy panties on and try to stay up !!

BIG EAST just turned down a very lucrative offer in order to continue negotiations for a goal of $15-$19 mil per team (according to the Big East Commish).

According to ESPN adding KANSAS, MIZZOU and KANSAS ST to the Big East would put that conf north of $ 20 million and may approach $25 mil per team due to the increased football TV marketing power and the incredible basketball lineup if Kansas joins what is already the # 1 basketball conf in America.

The Big East is insisting on negotiating the basketball and football deals together this time, and is taking a hard line with the TV networks in asking for around $20 mil per team.

You also may or may not know that KANSAS has been talking to the Big East for some time now (quietly and behind the scenes). Those conversations never stopped since last year's near breakup of the Big 12 whereby KANSAS was ready to announce it was joining the Big East. The Big East and KANSAS have been talking for a year now ! It is rumored that KANSAS, MISSOURI and KANSAS ST are a package deal to the Big East.

The Big East is also discussing the dropping of 4 basketball-only teams from the hoops part of the Big East league if KANSAS, MIZZOU and KSU come aboard. The 4 that would be dropped are PROVIDENCE, DEPAUL, MARQUETTE, and SETON HALL.

Any other questions? I got some?

1) IN WHAT CENTURY WILL TTECH EVER PLAY IN JUST ONE BCS BOWL GAME (tcu has already played in 2, is the Rose Bowl Champion, and is projected to play in at least 3 more in the next 5 yrs - as TTech misses BCS Bowl games year after year after year
and plays in pitiful bowls like the TicketCity Toilet Bowl game).

2) HOW WILL TTECH ENJOY THE MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE? (Espn stated today that the Mtn West Conf is looking "more and more likely for TTech since it is anticipated the super conferences will go to just 14 members and none of them have a desire for 16")

3) WHAT WILL THE RED PAMPERS RECORD BE THIS YEAR SINCE TTECH IS PROJECTED TO FINISH BELOW BAYLOR AGAIN THIS SEASON ? (Blahahahahahahhahahahahaa)

4) HOW DO YOU RESPOND TO ALL THE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ACROSS THE NATION WHO CALL TTECH "THE NEW BAYLOR"?

Have a great evening and joyous weekend !!

BUNS UP !!
(so you can get fanny spanked by bottom feeders like IOWA ST and BAYLOR !!)

AggieAngst

Also heard rumors on the PAC 12 board that STANFORD, CAL, UCLA and ARIZONA are violently opposed to 4 more teams and will allow only 2 more. Problem with the PAC 12 is that it is the only league that ONE MEMBER CAN VETO, and STANFORD is violently against TTECH and OKIE ST (due to their very poor and disgustingly bad academic quality). STANFORD stated that they might be amenable to one of those but never two.

Only way TTech gets into PAC 12 is if TEXAS goes and word is that Texas is already balking with the Pac 12 over Longhorn Network issues. Pac 12 wants Oklahoma bad enough that they would hold their nose and take Okie St too. But they absolutlely will not take 2 turrddds by also taking TTech.

Red Pampers are in deep deep trouble this time around. Last years package deal to the PAC was yer one and only shot and you lost. Tech is as bad as Baylor lately while Okie St is Top 10 in the nation. Tech is screwed !! Nobody wants TTECH who is merely another BAYLOR !!

You are daydreaming in full technicolor (again).

TECH is headed to the MOUNTAIN WEST CONF !!!!!

Blahahahahahahhahhahhahahhahhahahhahahaaaa !!

TECH - "THE NEW BAYLOR"

roddog

Banned
Roddog, with all of the arguing, finger pointing, name calling, and etc. aside. What do you really think will happen to Tech & the Big12-10 if A&M does leave the conference? Not starting an argument, just a curious observeration.

your question seems far from starting an argument, i wish others on here could keep from trying to start one all the time, fact is ive spent 2 days reading up on all this and have no idea whats going to happen but ill speculate

1 until the sec says something about the aggie issue its just a bunch of gomers running their mouth, rick perry is an idiot, did you see he only got 2 a's the whole time he was in college, hes an idiot

2 phuck ut, it is clear they are only in it for ut, and they will lie to your face, id say thats even worse than being a delusional gomer

3 i cant figure out why ou is so quiet on this whole ordeal

4 im proud that tech told the lhn network to kiss their [Craig James]

all in all i think ut will still try and keep the big 12 together and add teams if they can, but hopefully teams will see past their bs,

in the end i think if anm leaves, that the pac 12 deal will be back in play when ut finds out the lhn wont work unless other teams agree to have their games on it, and so far they havent