• The KillerFrogs

Got my Rose Bowl DVD in on Saturday

Limp Lizard

I was surprised to receive the disc since they are not scheduled to ship until tomorrow, the 22nd.

Although the rest of the game seems to be there, the first quarter section ends with the Wisky reception on our one yard line just before they scored their first touchdown. So of course, TD#2 for us is missing.

I guess I need to call/write the company that does them?

Dogfrog

I was surprised to receive the disc since they are not scheduled to ship until tomorrow, the 22nd.

Although the rest of the game seems to be there, the first quarter section ends with the Wisky reception on our one yard line just before they scored their first touchdown. So of course, TD#2 for us is missing.

Limp, it looks like a defect in all the DVD's. Several of us have called the distributor and they say they will be sending out new DVD's when they are available in a couple of weeks.

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=132817

bronco

Same here. Funny thing I got a message saying my order had been cancelled so I ordered another one. When I got home the UPS man was delivering the one that got cancelled.

Opintel

Moderators
Uh. :angry: Mine will probably arrive today or tomorrow, and the excitement has been seriously muted.

Quality control? We don't need no stink'n quality control...

Dogfrog

Do I have to file a complaint to get the new one?

As Top says, it wouldn't hurt. Call 866-996-8326 and ask for Lisa Boling. She's very aware of what's going on. I get the impression we don't have to return the defective one, you will just receive a new one. But getting on record with them and confirming where you ordered it from wouldh't hurt anything.

K

kdaltcu

Just called and asked, she said they will be reshipping DVD's to everyone who ordered. No need to call.

Endless Purple

Received mine today. Of course faulty. Called ESPN since that is where I ordered it, and they said they had not heard of the problem. I told them to call the distributor.

ShopESPN is having me return the DVD, as they are emailing a return label.

Ended up sending an email to Lisa as well since she was very helpful with an earlier question about the order cancelled email I received earlier.

For such a simple DVD, this has been very poorly done. With the amount of time this has taken to put together I expected at least a fancier intro and menus.

Endless Purple

Also trying to watch the last half of the game. Does everyone's DVD also just stop at the end of each quarter?

It is a pain to hit play then go back to the menu to select each quarter consistently.

2314@work

Contributor

Same thing happened with my 2008 Class 4A state softball championship game DVD. They replaced it at no charge, but I had to wait 3 more weeks.

Dogfrog

Also trying to watch the last half of the game. Does everyone's DVD also just stop at the end of each quarter?

It is a pain to hit play then go back to the menu to select each quarter consistently.

Yea, the DVD stops at the end of each segment (quarters and the two post game segments)if you allow the segment to end. But if you hit the "next" button on your remote before the segment ends it jumps to the next one. If not, you can only go back to the beginning and start over. Pretty cheesy.

Limp Lizard

TCU wins every time I watch it.
Does Wisconsin ever run the ball for two? To hear the b10 network recap, that was the difference in the game, not merely Wisky tying the game with 2 minutes left. Kinda wish they would have run it and we stopped them. Then the b10 network crew would say they should have thrown the ball.

Seriously, though, any tight game there are lots of shouda-coulda's for the losing team. Actually we had a few of those, but are not dwelling on them since we won. Like what would have happened if they didn't bat down Dalton's pass to Boyce late in the 4th? Or we had not slipped so much. Close game, lots of things to look back at and wonder...but much worse if you lose.

Dogfrog

Does Wisconsin ever run the ball for two? To hear the b10 network recap, that was the difference in the game, not merely Wisky tying the game with 2 minutes left. Kinda wish they would have run it and we stopped them. Then the b10 network crew would say they should have thrown the ball.

Seriously, though, any tight game there are lots of shouda-coulda's for the losing team. Actually we had a few of those, but are not dwelling on them since we won. Like what would have happened if they didn't bat down Dalton's pass to Boyce late in the 4th? Or we had not slipped so much. Close game, lots of things to look back at and wonder...but much worse if you lose.

Another great what-if is the Wisconsin fake punt deep in their own territory. Gutsy call, and good for them. But let Boise State run that same play and it becomes the only reason why the "little guy" beat the "big guy".

SnoopFrogs11

Thats wierd, I haven't gotten my DVD yet. I ordered it from collegefootballstore.com. On Friday, I got an e-mail that said it would come in 7-10 days. Hopefully, most of the game will be shown on my DVD and I will see of the scoring drives.

Endless Purple

Yea, the DVD stops at the end of each segment (quarters and the two post game segments)if you allow the segment to end. But if you hit the "next" button on your remote before the segment ends it jumps to the next one. If not, you can only go back to the beginning and start over. Pretty cheesy.
I went ahead and passed this complaint of mine onto the people at Team Marketing, and Lisa said she informed the people putting it together. Don't know that it will be taken into consideration, but can always hope.