• The KillerFrogs

Going to Utah.....

SnoSki

how'd you get that deal? cheapest I have seen is $100 for a room at the downtown Hilton per night.

Hotwire has a lot of great deals for hotels by the airport. One last week had the Days Inn/La Quinta type going for $35 a night.

Double it if you go downtown. Wish the trax thing went from the airport to the stadium. Gotta find a hotel close to the trax..

61_Shasta

Drew & other Frog fans,

Unfortunately true that the light rail does not run from the airport to downtown yet but if you don't feel like renting a car or grabbing a cab the UTA #550 bus runs approximately every half hour from the airport to Salt Lake Central Station where you can hop Trax into downtown or just stay on the 550 after Central Station as it continues into the downtown area. The boarding area at the airport for the 550 is covered in case the weather is bad.

On the other hand I'd be surprised if a cab ride is more than $20 from the airport into the city as it's freeway basically all of the way. Right now there's a glut of cabs in the SLC area so you'll have zero problem getting one at the airport or downtown. If you're looking at Park City I'd probably recommend the various shuttle services rather than a cab.

After this weekend I'm getting the feeling that this game is going to be even more huge than I originally thought. Luckily as a fan I can look forward to upcoming games. According to a friend who's tied into the program Coach Whitt has a mandatory order to the assistants. If anyone hears any player talking about anything but the immediate upcoming opponent it's gassers for the entire team.

Good luck with Air Force this weekend. See you in three weeks!

cpmencio

Drew & other Frog fans,

Unfortunately true that the light rail does not run from the airport to downtown yet but if you don't feel like renting a car or grabbing a cab the UTA #550 bus runs approximately every half hour from the airport to Salt Lake Central Station where you can hop Trax into downtown or just stay on the 550 after Central Station as it continues into the downtown area. The boarding area at the airport for the 550 is covered in case the weather is bad.

On the other hand I'd be surprised if a cab ride is more than $20 from the airport into the city as it's freeway basically all of the way. Right now there's a glut of cabs in the SLC area so you'll have zero problem getting one at the airport or downtown. If you're looking at Park City I'd probably recommend the various shuttle services rather than a cab.

After this weekend I'm getting the feeling that this game is going to be even more huge than I originally thought. Luckily as a fan I can look forward to upcoming games. According to a friend who's tied into the program Coach Whitt has a mandatory order to the assistants. If anyone hears any player talking about anything but the immediate upcoming opponent it's gassers for the entire team.

Good luck with Air Force this weekend. See you in three weeks!

My only comment about the bus/trax method to get from the airport to downtown is luggage can sometimes be a pain to take on the bus and trax. I've done it a few times, but usually only when I had one small duffel. Taxis are good and there are also super-shuttle type services (Xpress shuttle is the one I've used) from the that will take you into SLC from the airport. Costs about 8-10 bucks per person to get from the airport to downtown.

other than that, agree w/ Shasta 100%

Ravenous Ute

Some of the better hotels will offer a free shuttle service to the airport. Shuttle service works both ways, just call them from the airport while you are waiting for baggage claim. No worrying about taxis, buses or the TRAX. I know Hotel Monaco does. There is a link in my Ute hospitality thread.