• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Track and Field Announces Four Signees

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-otrack/spec-rel/111215aaa.html

Track and Field Announces Four Signees
The Horned Frogs sign two sprinters and two field athletes

FORT WORTH, Texas -- The TCU track and field team announced the signings of four future Horned Frogs on Wednesday, the first day of the fall signing period.

The signees include Jostyn Andrews, Ryan Champlin, Leilyn Miles and Kendahl Shue.

“Early signing is important,” said director of track and field Darryl Anderson. “We worked our way through a lot of bushes to get here, and we feel good about the athletes we signed.”

“I believe they will be Big 12 competitors and help move us to the national scene.”

Andrews, a native of Dallas, Texas, is a sprinter for Skyline High School. Andrews most recently ran a 47.40 in the 400-meter dash at the Texas 6A Area Meet.

“The word ‘family’ is the first thing that comes to mind when I think about TCU," said Andrews. "I felt a part of the family as soon as I stepped foot on campus for my visit. I clicked with the coaches instantly, and from that point on I knew TCU is where I wanted to be.”

Champlin is a sprinter at Grace Preparatory Academy in Arlington, Texas. Champlin's personal record includes a 47.17 in the 400-meter dash that earned him first-place in the Junior Olympics.

"I chose TCU because it felt like home," said Champlin.

Miles competes in the shot put at Byron Nelson High School. Miles earned second place at the Texas 6A State Meet in May with a 48'0.25" throw. Miles most recently placed first at the USATF Junior Olympics National Championships in August after throwing a career-best 48'6".

"The family-oriented team and the beautiful campus made TCU stand out to me," said Miles. "The decision was easy."

Shue, a native of Boerne, Texas, pole-vaults at Champion High School. Shue recorded a second-place performance at the 5A Area Meet in April after clearing 12'6”.

Latest posts