• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU Women Net Another Comeback Win on the Road

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2020/2/19/womens-basketball-frogs-net-another-comeback-win-on-the-road.aspx

GoFrogs: Frogs Net Another Comeback Win on the Road
MANHATTAN, Kan. – The TCU Horned Frogs erased a 12-point second half deficit and came all the way back to win another Big 12 Conference road game, downing the Kansas State Wildcats 54-52 Wednesday evening at Bramlage Coliseum.

TCU pushed its record to 19-5 overall and while picking up its sixth road win in league play, the Horned Frogs moved to 10-3 in the Big 12 standings. K-State dropped to 12-12 overall and 6-7 in the Big 12.

THE RUNDOWN
Kansas State closed the first quarter and opened the second quarter with a 14-0 run, limited TCU to a season-low 17 first half points and took a 24-17 lead into the halftime break. The Horned Frogs shot just 16.7 percent from the field, but both teams combined to go 0-for-15 from three-point range and helped keep TCU in the game, down by just seven points at the break.

Lauren Heard scored eight points in the third quarter and the Horned Frogs stormed all the way back from 12 points down to pull within a point of the home team, down 41-40 as both teams headed into the final quarter of play.

The Wildcats scored the first bucket of the fourth quarter, but it was all TCU after that as the Horned Frogs used runs of 6-0 and 7-0 to build a four-point lead, 53-49. K-State made just three of its next four free throw attempts and Heard managed to make a late free throw to give TCU the two-point win.

K-State limited TCU to just 29 percent from the field overall, but the Horned Frogs would end up draining a pair of three-pointers, and the Wildcats would go 1-of-13 from downtown.

TCU was 16-of-23 from the free throw line and K-State made seven free throws on the night, but on just 10 attempts.

Heard led the way for the Frogs, scoring 25 points for her 11th 20-point game this season. Kianna Ray chipped in with 11 points and Michelle Berry led the team on the boards with eight rebounds.

UP NEXT
TCU returns home this Sunday, Feb. 23, to host Oklahoma State for a Big 12 match-up at Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m.

Atomic Frawg

That was a helluva comeback. Listened to it over the RiffRam app (which kept going in and out). Even when I thought it was over, those ladies never did. Great coaching job, and Donati may have to get out the checkbook.

froginaustin

Everything AF types is gospel.

I did not listen over RiffRam. I spend a lot more time than I would like in my daily affairs dealing with cranky computer programs or apps or whatever they are, and I don't need to volunteer for more abuse. Why can't TCU fix the problem of low quality interwebz transmissions?

leofrog

I watched the game. They turned up the D big time in the 2nd half. They are now up to #17 in the RPI. That Tech loss is haunting us, but we have revenge game with them in 10 days. Just win the next one.