GoFrogs: TCU Takes Down SFA, 3-1, on Senior Day
FORT WORTH - TCU closed out its non-conference schedule with a 3-1 win over Stephen F. Austin on Sunday afternoon. Three different Horned Frogs scored in the contest.
TCU got the scoring started early on Gracie Brian's goal in the eighth minute. A long set piece feed from Remini Tillotson was right on target for Brian to head in her fourth goal of the season.
Just two minutes later, the Frogs had a 2-0 lead. Oli Pena found the back of the net after a failure by SFA to clear the ball outside of the 18. She headed the clearing attempt into the back of the net for a 2-0 lead.
In the second half, the Frogs controlled most of the possession, limiting the Ladyjacks to just two shots in the final 45 minutes.
Camryn Lancaster scored in the 55th minute after the Ladyjack keeper saved the initial shot from Brian, but it ricocheted off Lancaster and into the back of the net to put the Frogs up 3-0.
SFA scored its lone goal in the 61st minute. Jayme Bailey ended the shutout, scoring off a long feed from Ava Shannon.
Lauren Kellett finished the afternoon with two saves.
Stat of the Game
30 - Gracie Brian scored her 30th career goal as a Horned Frog. She is the third player in program history to achieve this feat (Messiah Bright - 50; Jordan Calhoun - 36).
Quotes of the Game
Head Coach Eric Bell
On today's game
"It was nice to get a good result against a quality opponent. Sunday's are always a grind. We came out, set the tone early. We were able to get a couple goals in the first and stood up in the second half. It was good to see Camry (Lancaster) get on the board today and hopefully that propels her forward."
On the senior class, who were honored after the game.
"Great group of women and women and like I said in the video, I'm very proud of them for what they've been able to do. They've accomplished a lot of things including winning a couple of championships. On and off the field, they represent us in a very positive way."
• TCU outshot its opponent for the sixth time this season.
• TCU had more corners than its opponent for the fourth time this season.
• TCU tallied 25 shots its most since its NCAA first round matchup against UTSA (36) in 2022.
• Gracie Brian scored her fourth goal of the year and 30th as a Horned Frog.
• Oli Pena scored her first goal of the year and fourth goal as a Horned Frog.
• Camryn Lancaster scored her first goal of the year and 16th as a Horned Frog.
• Remini Tillotson recorded her first assist of the year and second as a Horned Frog.
• Brenna Brosam played the entirety of the match.
The Horned Frogs (4-3-2) hit the road to take on Cincinnati on Thursday at 6 p.m. The game will be televised on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.